01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Record events to my camera's SD card only if a human is detected?

ChrisKrisCris

Hi,

I have the following camera : DS-2CD2087G2H-LIU.

I set "basic event" and "smart event" with "human" detection only.
For all events, I have enabled "notify center" and "upload to memory card" in the "trigger recording".
In "storage section", I have enabled storage on "event".

It works very well for notification, I only receive notifications when a "human" is detected!

But, when I go in the playback section, I can see that each time the camera detects something (event not a human (e.g. a moving leaf, a moving insect, ...) it records (even if it is not a human)...

What shall I do to trigger recording only when a human is detected?

Thank you for your help.

Christophe

Hi @ChrisKrisCris
Can you send screenshots of all the event settings please (all the basic and smart events you're using), and also of the recording schedule?
When you receive notifications for the human detections, is this from the motion detection event, or another, like line crossing or intrusion detection?
Also, make sure you are using the newest firmware on your camera, which is V5.7.14_231213.

Hi @ChrisKrisCris
Can you send screenshots of all the event settings please (all the basic and smart events you're using), and also of the recording schedule?
When you receive notifications for the human detections, is this from the motion detection event, or another, like line crossing or intrusion detection?
Also, make sure you are using the newest firmware on your camera, which is V5.7.14_231213.
Hello, thank you for your answer.

I did several tests and my conclusion is the following.

Basic events (with Human only configured and "notify center" and "upload to memory card" enabled)
-> Notify only when Human is detected
-> Store each time a motion is detected (even if no human)...

Smart events (with Human only configured and "notify center" and "upload to memory card" enabled)
-> Notify only when Human is detected
-> Store only when Human is detected

I don't know if it is a bug or if it is a normal behaviour.

My firmware version is V5.7.14 build 231213

Thanks for testing that - there may be another event enabled that is causing footage to be saved for all types of movement.
Make sure you only have motion detection enabled, as well as one smart event (line crossing or intrusion detection).
Then, in Storage>Schedule Settings>Record Schedule, set the schedule to "motion" for the whole week (so that every day is filled in green), like below:

ha61J7YX2Y.png

In Storage>Schedule Settings>Record Schedule, I do not configured with "Motion" but with "Event".
From what I understand from the User Manual :

Continous
The video will be recorded continuously according to the schedule
Motion
When motion detection is enabled and trigger recording is selected as linkage method, object movement is recorded.
Event
The video is recorded when configured event is detected.

So for my understanding, "Motion" has to be used only when we want to record for basic event "Motion detection".

Others point, in my configuration I have
-Motion detection enabled
-Intrusion detection enabled
-line crossing enabled
-Region entrance detection enabled
-Detect scene change enabled

Hi
I think this is the way all Hikvision cameras work when recording on SD card. You cannot exclude non Human or Vehicle from recording. Yes Event Record records all events including Motion.
The only thing you can do is to adjust Motion(Basic events) with a lower sensitivity (20 or 40) and also exclude area with "too much" motion, like moving leaves, small animals, from your region of interest, to avoid all those hundreds of Event records.
The SD card option for camera does not give many options for filtering Events, does not save VCA data, you cannot find events if Continuous Recording.
You need an NVR/DVR accusense or not, to do the filtering.
I just see the SD card recording as a safe backup option in case of NVR failure, or missing records when rebooting/updating NVR and with ANR option

Hi
I think this is the way all Hikvision cameras work when recording on SD card. You cannot exclude non Human or Vehicle from recording. Yes Event Record records all events including Motion.
The only thing you can do is to adjust Motion(Basic events) with a lower sensitivity (20 or 40) and also exclude area with "too much" motion, like moving leaves, small animals, from your region of interest, to avoid all those hundreds of Event records.
The SD card option for camera does not give many options for filtering Events, does not save VCA data, you cannot find events if Continuous Recording.
You need an NVR/DVR accusense or not, to do the filtering.
I just see the SD card recording as a safe backup option in case of NVR failure, or missing records when rebooting/updating NVR and with ANR option
Ok thank you for this feeback.

Back