01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Human/Vehicle repeated false alarms DS-2CD2346G2?

jfh82

Hi,
Really hoping I've done something stupid configuration-wise with my DS-2CD2346G2 - updated to the latest firmware.
I'm trying to get it to record (locally, no NVR) in response to ONLY humans & vehicles. See config screenshot below.
Originally, I had checked boxes for Human + Vehicle but the camera was still recording nearly everything e.g. reflections occurring in the windows of my parked car or headlights sweeping into the drive.

'Ok' I thought, it's clearly treating any movement on, or close to my parked car as a moving vehicle and therefore causing alarm events. I'll change it "human" only. Still, I get the same problem and there's nothing close to "human" in the scene. See
for a video of what it records configured per screenshot.

I'm very much hoping I've missed some configuration, otherwise this is garbage in terms of use - which is annoying as it was the main reason for spending on a more expensive camera!

hik-config.PNG

If anyone has any advise I'd be most grateful.

Many Thanks

Hi
Similar issues also on ColorVUs
Sometimes, reflections on curved glasses, curved car windshields, lighting and shadows on flower jar pots and human size trees, give false alarms on all cameras regardless of brand and cost. I don't know about iDS DeepinView series or Dahua.
Try Smart Event Intrusion Detection for same area, exclude road and tree branches. Less false alarms but with a small delay

@jfh82 The motion detection is very sensitive. You can safely drop it to 20. But more importantly...

Redraw your motion area so that the diagonal line cuts just below the top of the hedge. If I zoom in on your image to the area just above the bins I can see the road outside your property and there is enough within the area you've outlined that if someone walked down the road passed the parked car it could trigger - you'd be surprised just how sensitive it is.

Recently I seem to be finding motion detection works better and with fewer false alarms that the other more configurable event types.

Recently I seem to be finding motion detection works better and with fewer false alarms that the other more configurable event types
Hi JB

Other than this same issue I had for first time a non recorded Smart Event.
Motion detection was detected OK, Hikconnect recorded and reported this event for both Camera and NVR
Smart Event, Intrusion detection for two regions, one beside the other, and two line crossings, did not detect two persons moving in those areas for about 2 minutes.
Playback Normal search by polygon or by line crossing did not detect the event.
Playback Event space rules search by polygon or by line crossing did not detect the event.
Playback Event space rules search by motion detection detected the event.
Double clicking the camera on NVR Playback Event detected the event

Back