01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision-Issues with Motion Detection on Hemispheric Cameras?

Navcom

Ill try to include as much info as i can, sorry if iv missed out anything important!

Recently installed a Hikvision CCTV system for a client, who is having issues with the motion detection function on the cameras.
1x DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P - Hikvision NVR
2x DS-2CD6365G0E-IS - Hemispheric Cameras
1x DS-2CD1343G0-I 4MP - Fixed 4MP Camera

---All firmware is up to date - as far as i can find----

Current NVR Firmware- V4.61.025 build 220905
LATEST FIRMWARE - Firmware_V4.61.025_220905

---Camera Firmwares---

yOOmDoCItlfP_KKpAaaSiD0apEiHHQm0xFek3KsW36mrTX6fYMJE97j1UYq6Um9ttYUp35LCrzzYuWHYNgBn1DC72mYVHeMxMoUzn0FGM4jksPQwY67XFbVXbdVU9j9q2sMrTiaGPP3AjYcKJdf_ZFo

The issues im finding are twofold, as far as i can tell.......

1. The fixed camera does not trigger motion alarms, iv gone through the forum and tried every fix i have found regarding this, to no avail. The grid is displayed, all setting are correct, changed sensitivity both ways during testing etc, but never even get an alarm on the NVR, record of an alarm in the log and no event recording in the playback timeline.
Iv checked the smart event features too, ensured that the event trigger turns the relevent unit to record, still nothing....

-ons3CImS0bcTacJKNrS6mmUrStGqEU9nUHNPd52pNx2iyU7YUgSlUvC6lFgHCun7F3yCZvkzOBSXJfL6XAbbuiFlhvAkJ8-TH8zWHrkR7pUf2pgl1MO3LxJSoHvVSH1BFvRTEAbn8E5e2soaB8YZxY

The motion detection alarm is actived and enabled, yet i get no alarm or notice of an alarm?
NbUuU0ikPVhNIeCqEg2jl40HS-7medKjCYs89V-9XljEq2nPvkLWRuXYnvrPoGhWyLyCA4ur5vdaNVJ0V82hNdNTY_6P6wIOHOeU8ZaWNDbF03GJDlBXiHNCBJJJUEtJPC9zh3XS5sHZEz5gibfy8NE

No events or smart events are triggered anywhere on the timeline, yet in the recorded footage there are people and cars, clear triggers passing the camera, yet it never registers.

2. Im having the same problem with the Two hemispheric cameras, but to even more of a confusion!

When i place the motion detection grids on one output of the Hempispheric cameras, hit save, change to the next camera, set the grids, hit save. Then, when i go back to the previous camera, the motion detection grid is gone?! reset it, save, then the next one has gone! i originally assumed it was to do with the software dewarping of the units, but hikvision assured me this was possible but have since been unhelpful in getting to a solution aside from the standard " reset the system/ firmware" solutions.

0a1ijJofMkEmPAdr8YTWbMhKHFdfQ6iltdyZGbjLBrAFi4cOj6-jMMKYODWzttC-OpGI3MskEyqUX9vYtMrMtBxIeWlx5fY8_V0Nkl_mSf2hxWJ7r9hv6XuiQtgUW4B9-8hjhmARPWDPlAuqNUq69cM

A concern is there seems to be no motion detection alarm available in the menu for the hemispheric cameras, even though it clearly states they do? (This motion detection option is visible on the fixed camera, but makes no differnece to function.

i have tried rectifying these issues in the NVR menus, via the Browser connection AND via IVMS4200, all to the same result, NOTHING!

i am at a loss of how to proceed and an hoping iv missed something glaringly obvious and someone can shed some light on this?

Hi @Navcom

Can you please post your screenshots again as there appears to be an error with them in the original post? (maybe try attaching them to a post rather than embedding them in the text)

Upvote 0
Sorry Dan! Thanks for the quick reply. Hopefyully Pictures below.
NVR Firmware.png

NVR Firmware

No Recording.png

Cam Firmware

Camera Firmware.png

No recording??

Motion Detection Area.png

Motion areas set on hemispheric cameras, but will not save selection.

Anchor Cam Motion Options.png

Fixed camera has motion detection options
Hemis no Motion.png

Hemis have no motion detection option

Hopefully these work better!!

Upvote 0
Thanks @Navcom

Can you please go to the motion detection setting for both the fixed camera and the Hemispheric camera and share screenshots of the Arming Schedule and Linkage Method menus for both cameras?

Upvote 0
I will get screenshots next time I'm at the clients, but for the time being, both cameras have to motion detection set for the full week, all timeslots are green. the linkage method is set to record to the corresponding camera which will trigger the motion detection. ie - anchor cam is D1, D1 is selected as the linkage for an event.

I don't understand why the menus will not save when i set all the parameters? iv tried doing it on the NVR, via the IP address and IE AND via IVMS4200, all to no avail....

I'm sorry, as this seems to be a common subject, but as far as i can tell, I've tried everything and still no change...

Upvote 0
Thanks @Navcom

Are you trying to record by detection or just receive notifications in iVMS when motion detection is triggered?

If you want to record continuously and just be notified of event triggers, then try unticking "Trigger Recording" for each camera and try ticking "Notify Surveillance Center" instead.

In regards to the settings not saving, we've seen problems before when settings are set on both the camera & NVR. Try logging into each camera, clearing the motion detection settings for each camera, and then going back into the event settings on the NVR and configuring the motion detection settings in the NVR menus only.

Upvote 0
Hi Dan, sorry for the delayed reply, the camera system is installed on a boat, which went out on charter.

I have tried resetting all of the parameters etc, but still to no avail? Could there be issues with the fact in trying to monitor software zoomed windows on the hemispheres?

I have split each camera into 4 using the channels option on the camera settings to allow multiple PTZ views from an individual camera, maybe the motion recording only works on the full fisheye view?
I also never get any green squares for dynamic motion sense either, on the hemis or the fixed 2MP?

Upvote 0
Also, could you please give a quick overview of how to remove the dewarped 4 channels for the hemis? As I would like to test the full fisheye with the motion detection, but cannot revert back to the singular fisheye view.

I must say Hikivision is one of the most convoluted systems I've ever used!

Thanks again for your help and patience.

Upvote 0
Hi @Navcom

If you log in to the hemispheric camera you should see the Display Controls on the left of the live view to change how the fisheye image is displayed, see below:
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 09.32.58.png

Upvote 0
Back