01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Problem with recording on the iDS-7216HQHI-M1/S DVR?

neca

There is a problem with recording on the iDS-7216HQHI-M1/S dvr.
It is set to record Continuous and records intermittently (picture attached).
Hdd is SkyHawk ST4000VX013.
10 HDTVI cameras (1MP - 2MP) and 4 IP 4MP are connected to the dvr.
I am using the latest firmware version.
What is the problem?
c1.jpg
c2.jpg

Hikvision PTZ cameras
Is this on one camera or all cameras? And is it constant 24/7? Or just at certain times of day?

And was it working before - and now it's not? Or is this a fresh install and the problem has been since day 1?

(I don't know the answer - but some extra info would likely be helpful)

Is this on one camera or all cameras? And is it constant 24/7? Or just at certain times of day?

And was it working before - and now it's not? Or is this a fresh install and the problem has been since day 1?

(I don't know the answer - but some extra info would likely be helpful)
On all cameras, 24 hours a day
From the first day of installation

You'll have to look in the logs to see what is happening. You may see 'abnormal shutdown' or some other issue. As it's happening every 5 minutes if you view the live screen do you see anything happening? Does the recorder reboot? Do the record icons (red clapperboard upper right corner of each camera view) dissappear as it stops recording?

It all depends on what you find above but I'd probably start by initialising the hard disk and carrying out the SMART tests from the menus.

You'll have to look in the logs to see what is happening. You may see 'abnormal shutdown' or some other issue. As it's happening every 5 minutes if you view the live screen do you see anything happening? Does the recorder reboot? Do the record icons (red clapperboard upper right corner of each camera view) dissappear as it stops recording?

It all depends on what you find above but I'd probably start by initialising the hard disk and carrying out the SMART tests from the menus.
10-12 1MP - 2MP analogue hdtv cameras (I don't know the exact number) and two 4MP IP cameras are connected to the recorder.
As it was a problem to connect IP cameras to 5 recorders, I used two nvrs to which I connected IP cameras using /Streaming/Channels/1701 and /Streaming/Channels/1801.
One of those two nvrs (192.168.5.133) may be causing the problem: User has modified to system time. Attached: photos
How can I turn this off, disable...

Attachments

• 20240412_154038.jpg
    20240412_154038.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 16
  • 20240412_154048.jpg
    20240412_154048.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 14
The configuration to use multiple NVRs is not clear from your description. The issue seems to be that one of the NVRs has the date/time misconfigured (one day out hence the switch from April 11 to April 12?). The NVR doing the recording checks each 5 minutes, sees that the time on the source camera/NVR does not match its own time and causes your problem (this is a best guess without seeing the full configuration but it seems to be a simple misconfiguration/mistake). You can't have a DVR or NVR with its system time not synchronised with the source that it's recording. You need to go through each recorder and set the system timezone, time, date, daylight savings the same and ensure that they both are configured to sync to the same NTP server.

Back