01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unable to flash bricked hikvision iDS-7216HQHI-M1/S DVR with Tftp?

You must find out.
There are two different boards for iDS-7216HQHI-M1/S
There is also a different version of firmware for the (C) models

Check the board number printed on your board beside HDD

Read the .xlsx files" for Turbo 5.0 : "The above models should be upgraded strictly according to the corresponding version"
@Malk,
I found the same, you need to check which board you have. I'd try to load an older version of the firmware, there are no guarantees this will work. You already have a brick.....
Looking at other forums I get the sense that Hikvision retired the TFTP recovery route a few years back, makes it harder for others to recover bricked devices. Others may know better.

David

i have downloaded the earliest firmware and same issue
and it seems on wireshark i don't see any tftp packets getting sent to me
either there is another issue or 192.0.0.64 is not the ip
but im 99% sure it's the one since i can ping it and it says it's a hikvision
but yea this is getting impossible at this point i feel like the dvr doesn't want to get anything from the tftp server

i have downloaded the earliest firmware and same issue
and it seems on wireshark i don't see any tftp packets getting sent to me
either there is another issue or 192.0.0.64 is not the ip
but im 99% sure it's the one since i can ping it and it says it's a hikvision
but yea this is getting impossible at this point i feel like the dvr doesn't want to get anything from the tftp server
I don't think the DVR is in TFTP recovery mode as Wireshark is not seeing connect requests being sent to the TFTP server. I think your DVR MAC address ends in 3C:EC:63 and is linked to 192.0.0.64. Can you find the DVR MAC address? It may be on the serial number plate or on a sticker near the ethernet port.

Is Wireshark seeing any other data from the DVR? Its a long shot but a non standard TFTP port could be in use.

Back