01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unable to flash bricked hikvision iDS-7216HQHI-M1/S DVR with Tftp?

Hikvision PTZ cameras
  • Power on NVR
  • Press CTRL-U to interrupt boot process

You might need to try many times
This is what I did

I remembered now the TFTP server was not Hikvision but Tftp32 with PuTTY of course
I dont't know if tftp32 can be used in your procedure

yes but i don't know specifically what to look for
you'll be looking for TFTP protocol packets coming from the DVR IP address and going to Laptop IP address. if you see them going to another IP address change the fixed IP address of your laptop to that address.

If you don't see TFTP packets from the DVR then TFTP is not active, you can post a screenshot of the Wireshark output here.

David

yea that's a putty hot key i don't know if it does anything in the tftp server software
Yes, Ctrl+U is used to interrupt the boot process when connected to the device serial interface when using putty / securecrt etc.

Check this post.

This confirms that old Hik TFTP does not work for large size firmware(limit 32mb?)
He suggests SolarWinds TFTP Server
Download from softpedia or softonic and try.

you'll be looking for TFTP protocol packets coming from the DVR IP address and going to Laptop IP address. if you see them going to another IP address change the fixed IP address of your laptop to that address.

If you don't see TFTP packets from the DVR then TFTP is not active, you can post a screenshot of the Wireshark output here.

David
i don't see any tftp protocol packets on wireshark even tho the hikvision dvr ip seems to be pingable
does that mean the dvr actually is not even attempting to send the tftp packet??

can someone provide me with link to oldest firmware of my dvr? the site is confusing to navigate

David
here is screenshot of wire shark
is that the dvr attempting to connect to the tftp server?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    14.4 KB · Views: 60
here is screenshot of wire shark
is that the dvr attempting to connect to the tftp server?
No, it would clearly show the TFTP protocol in use. The Hikvision TFTP server should be on the default port of 69. Is that the only data you see from the DVR IP address? Did you start the Wireshark capture before you switched the DVR on and then captured for at least 5 minutes? Line 664 shows 140 seconds which may not show the full boot process.

David

You must find out.
There are two different boards for iDS-7216HQHI-M1/S
There is also a different version of firmware for the (C) models

Check the board number printed on your board beside HDD

Read the .xlsx files" for Turbo 5.0 : "The above models should be upgraded strictly according to the corresponding version"

Attachments

• 7216HQHI.png
    7216HQHI.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 7216HQHI_.png
    7216HQHI_.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Back