01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Getting false event alarm notifications?

windows700

Getting false event alarm Every day i get false event alarm this happens when only " black street cats " pass
Any advice how to solve it .
I have the latest update for NVR DS-7608NXI-K2 / 8P and camera DS-2CD2047G2-L thx.

458546009_1061489175693918_6846357237544738975_n.jpg
459063441_1234925410878067_1234868917262817133_n.jpg

As Sir Tom sang - it's not unusual...

You will get different results from Motion Detection, Line Crossing and Intrusion Detection.

For best results ensure you're using 'VCA by Camera' in the setup as it's thought to be better than using the NVRs own VCA engine. With Motion Detection you only get an option to adjust the sensitivity and you can set it all of the way down to 0 (default is usually 60 or 80).

Line Crossing and Intrusion Detection have additional parameters such as the minimum/maximum size. You could set. the minimum to be larger than the cat. After setting the camera up via the NVR interface, you can log into the camera directly via Virtual Host and set the 'Target Validity' from Basic to High, Higher or Highest. There's also in the newer camera firmware 'False Alarm Filtering' that can be adjusted.

if motion detection is giving false alerts even when set to 'Human' and with sensitivity at 0, you'll have to experiment with line crossing or intrusion detection. When attempting to filter out false alerts work with one setting at a time.

As Sir Tom sang - it's not unusual...

You will get different results from Motion Detection, Line Crossing and Intrusion Detection.

For best results ensure you're using 'VCA by Camera' in the setup as it's thought to be better than using the NVRs own VCA engine. With Motion Detection you only get an option to adjust the sensitivity and you can set it all of the way down to 0 (default is usually 60 or 80).

Line Crossing and Intrusion Detection have additional parameters such as the minimum/maximum size. You could set. the minimum to be larger than the cat. After setting the camera up via the NVR interface, you can log into the camera directly via Virtual Host and set the 'Target Validity' from Basic to High, Higher or Highest. There's also in the newer camera firmware 'False Alarm Filtering' that can be adjusted.

if motion detection is giving false alerts even when set to 'Human' and with sensitivity at 0, you'll have to experiment with line crossing or intrusion detection. When attempting to filter out false alerts work with one setting at a time.

Thx for help
But iam Surprised WHY the black cat color only Trigger alarm
any way this is my settings

xml.JPG

We don't know exactly how the 'Human' filtering algorithm works exactly. I suspect it just sees an upright group of pixels moving in a uniform direction and makes the decision based on that. It could be that the higher contrast between the black cat and background makes the trigger more likely. Start by setting those Minimum and Maximum areas. Minimum wants to be set smaller than a human at the far point of your intrusion zone, while maximum should be larger than a human at the near point beneath the camera. And as stated if you're on the newest firmware for your camera you may have those additional settings I mentioned (False Alarm Filtering)

Back