01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Green Feathers PoE Bird Cam Pinouts?

JohnnyUK

Hi!

I have the above, where the Ethernet plug is destroyed by corrosion (I stupidly threw it away)

In order to protect it a little better, I want to terminate the existing cable into an RJ45 socket.

Problem is, the wiring colours are not Ehternet standard - please see the pic below - which wire goes where please!

Thanks

john

Attachments

• IMG_4382 (1).JPG
    IMG_4382 (1).JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 72
You'll probably have to try to get this info from the manufacturer / reseller.
I don't think anybody else is likely to know :(

Perhaps they could send you some photos of a plug on a new product?
(showing the core colours / pin-out)

That would be extremely kind David - thank you!
I don't think I have the same model as you, my cameras have a rj45 socket. send a picture so I can see your cable and camera together. If needed are you happy to take the cover off the camera (this could invalidate your warranty) and send a picture of the internal pcb connectors?
tempImageiDkqp8.png

Ah yes, it is the same camera - and yes, mine had a socket, not a plug - sadly it looks like you cannot see the colours of the wires in the socket

I've got one on the desk next to me - but it's a sealed socket with no way to see how it's wired.

Have you tried emailing help@green-feathers.co.uk - they do seem to have one tech guy called Menh who knows what he's talking about. Don't bother calling the sales line, as you're just dealing with the people that sell them and have no idea how they work.

Yes, I have - no answers yet!

I'm getting closer with the forum on Computing forum at Pistonheads - someone has similar cables:

Attachments

• KKUA34yY.jpg
    KKUA34yY.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 52
Yes, I have - no answers yet!

I'm getting closer with the forum on Computing forum at Pistonheads - someone has similar cables:
The red and black cables are probably the 12Vdc supply to the components in the rj45 socket assembly. Take the back off your camera and send a picture of the pc. I’ve repaired these cables and think the wires go to 2 mtrj connectors, for Ethernet and dc.

Back