01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Have I been sold the correct model - DS-7608NI-K2 vs DS-7608NXI-K2?

Michael Blake

Hello,

I've just bought my first Hikvision NVR online - a DS-7608NXI-K2, yet when I log on to the device and look at the model, I see the following:

1712176733822.png

Are there any instances where a DS-7608NXI-K2 would display as a DS-7608NI-K2? I'm confused as to which firmware would be applicable to this device too..

I queried this with the reseller and they said it is a DS-7608NXI-K2 because there's a "(X)" after the serial number on the sticker on the unit, but I'm not sure I buy that.

TIA

Last edited:
Hi @Michael Blake

This is very odd, the NVR model number is definitely an older 7608NI-K2 NVR but the firmware version you are currently running I can only find in a firmware folder for the 7608NXI-K2 AcuSense NVRs.

We'd recommend trying to upgrade to the next firmware version in this folder - NVR_K20A9_K20A9_X_BL_ML_STD_V4.73.000_221012 - and see if that will install or not (FYI - see that this firmware includes the same K20A9_K20A9 hardware version as your NVR).

This is my DS-7608NXI-K2 but as you can see this a B-R-K20A9_K20A9-00
I don't know what this means and if yours is a newer model.
The firmware is an NXI-K2 but it is a different date than the one on the ftp server.
I also believe that an Accusense K firmware size should be more than 150MB although they have placed a 61.50 MB as Accusense in the folder of 4.73. This firmware should be for a non Accusense K. I never installed a small size firmware.
You can also try one of the latest ones which are more than 150MB

Attachments

• 7608nxik2.png
    7608nxik2.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 41
Thanks for your responses.

I'm in two minds here - do I send it back saying it's not the NXI, or do I try install the NXI firmware?

If I'm able to install the latest NXI firmware for K20A9_K20A9, but it still shows as a DS-7608NI-K2 after installation, will I get the full AcuSense functionality?

Or do I try and return the unit with the updated firmware? I don't see the currently installed firmware available online which is slightly concerning..

This is not sure about the functionality. The firmware usually recognises the hardware. Same way with cameras.
I believe the best option is to return the unit and let the reseller install the NXI firmware if he is sure about that.
Do not risk to lose the warranty.
There is also a possibility that trying to install shall give back an error.

I've contacted both Hikvision support and the reseller.

Hikvision suggested that maybe this was a 'refurbished' unit with a NI board inside rather than the NXI board.

I've asked the reseller if they're aware of anyone putting NI boards into the NXI cases and installing the NXI firmware, and that unless I get a satisfactory explanation as to what's happening, I'll return the unit.

Apart from understanding what has happened here, I'm looking for long term assurance that this model / hardware will be compatible with firmware updates for a reasonably long time to come.

I've contacted both Hikvision support and the reseller.

Hikvision suggested that maybe this was a 'refurbished' unit with a NI board inside rather than the NXI board.

I've asked the reseller if they're aware of anyone putting NI boards into the NXI cases and installing the NXI firmware, and that unless I get a satisfactory explanation as to what's happening, I'll return the unit.

Apart from understanding what has happened here, I'm looking for long term assurance that this model / hardware will be compatible with firmware updates for a reasonably long time to come.
The easiest way to determine whether its an NXI or not is to go to Events then Line crossing or Intrusion. If there's an option switch or dropdown for "use device vca" or similar, it is an NXI, if there isn't, then it's a standard model.

I do recall a similar thread some time ago where a device appeared to be a non AcuSense model. It turned out that it was a different part number due to the region it was distributed in. In the UK I've never had an NXI that didn't have 'NXI' in the model code displayed in the NVR System Settings page (you didn't mention what region you are in). If you're unsure I'd return it and ensure you purchase only from an authorised dealer.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice.

I didn't see the option for 'use device vca' and the reseller wasn't able to give a satisfactory explanation so I've returned the NVR and am waiting for my credit.

Back