01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect App on iPhone - Cannot playback notification videos - says "Failed to Search the Video"

Zigourney

Hi all,

I was hoping someone could help me. I had a hikvision system installed (nvr DS 7608NI-K28P and the cameras DS-2CD2385G1-I) all working well. My wife has an Android phone and I have an iPhoneX.

On the hik-connect app for iPhone v3.9.1 I cannot play back any of the notification videos. Every time I press play I get an error msg " Failed to Search the video" on my iphone app. However the notification videos play just fine on my wife's Andriod Hik-Connect app.

I've googled the issue and I cannot seem to find the answer to fix this problem. I have reported the issue to the installer but he's not sure whats causing it.

Everything else works fine over wifi and 4g, i.e. live view, video playback etc. Just the notification videos don't playback on my iphone.

Does anyone know what's causing this?

I had this issue and accidentally resolved it one day. Might work for you !

On your iphone make sure your time is set to 12hr or 24hr clock - so that it matches with the NVR setting.

Let me know if that worked !

I had this issue and accidentally resolved it one day. Might work for you !

On your iphone make sure your time is set to 12hr or 24hr clock - so that it matches with the NVR setting.

Let me know if that worked !

Yes it worked for me!
Thanks!

Something so simple as that!

Back