01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect doorbell notifications in Android vibrating but not making any sound?

Mckenzsiz

Everything was working before, but, since a few weeks ago, whenever my doorbell is ringing, Hik-Connect in my Android phone will vibrate and prompt me with the incoming call, but it won't make any notification sound. This happens both to me and my wife, and results in many missed calls when in the garden or away from home.

It's not a doze or energy saving problem in the phone, because the call notification/prompt is received well in the phone.

It isn't either because of an update on the side of the phone, since I've checked that the last Android update was received 5 months ago and the problem is way more recent than that.

It may be related to an update of the Hik-Connect app since we have automatic updates enabled and version 5.3.1.0721 might have been released sometime by the end of July.

I've tried setting a different doorbell notification sound manually, but within Hik-Connect there's no such setting. Trying to change that in Android's notifications channels (aka notification categories) is useless, since, lo and behold, Hik-Connect creates a new "call" notification channel for every single new call (Hikvision please fix this as it goes against product usability and Android programming best practices).

Is anybody experiencing the same problem? Do you have a fix for it? How can it be escalated to Hikvision?

P.S: My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S10 and my wife's is a Samsung Galaxy A52S. The doorbell is a DS-KD8003-IME1

The latest version of Hik-Connect for Android is V5.3.2.0822 (23rd Aug 23):

Select Android at top left.

The issue persists despite of upgrading to Hik-Connect V5.3.2.082. Any suggestions?

Back