01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik Connect local devices cannot be found if I connect my SKY Q via Powerline?

Newtothis

I have recently had to connect my Sky Q box to an ethernet cable via a powerline adapter, as soon as i do this, Local device on Hik Connect cant be found and i cant reach the NVR through a web browser. Both NVR and Sky Q box have reserved ip adresses. As soon as i disconnect the ethernet from the Sky box and use wifi instead, the Local device NVR becomes available again in hik connect. I can still see the NVR/cameras through Hik Connect if the sky box is connected or not, it is only viewing through local devices that stops working.

Last edited:
I have recently had to connect my Sky Q box to an ethernet cable via a powerline adapter, as soon as i do this, Local device on Hik Connect cant be found and i cant reach the NVR through a web browser. Both NVR and Sky Q box have reserved ip adresses. As soon as i disconnect the ethernet from the Sky box and use wifi instead, the Local device NVR becomes available again in hik connect. I can still see the NVR/cameras through Hik Connect if the sky box is connected or not, it is only viewing through local devices that stops working.
I'm not confident that this will help, but just for giggles, make sure that the other end of that power line adaptor is in LAN 2 of the Sky router and not LAN 1.

I've had a few issues with a site recently where the Sky Q was cabled to the Sky Hub on LAN port 1 via an ethernet switch. That switch also served the NVR. When the default Eco settings on the Sky Q kick in at 2:30 - 5:50 AM, the WiFi on the Sky Q turns off; no problem there. Except that the NVR has been going offline for that exact time period. The NVR is wired direct to the switch and the switch direct to LAN 1 of the Sky Hub so it appears that although the NVR is cabled, the connection is routing back through the Sky Q's WiFi. Other users have reported LAN 1 on the Sky Hub going down when the Sky Q box goes into Eco mode.

I'm not confident that this will help, but just for giggles, make sure that the other end of that power line adaptor is in LAN 2 of the Sky router and not LAN 1.

I've had a few issues with a site recently where the Sky Q was cabled to the Sky Hub on LAN port 1 via an ethernet switch. That switch also served the NVR. When the default Eco settings on the Sky Q kick in at 2:30 - 5:50 AM, the WiFi on the Sky Q turns off; no problem there. Except that the NVR has been going offline for that exact time period. The NVR is wired direct to the switch and the switch direct to LAN 1 of the Sky Hub so it appears that although the NVR is cabled, the connection is routing back through the Sky Q's WiFi. Other users have reported LAN 1 on the Sky Hub going down when the Sky Q box goes into Eco mode.
Thanks for the tip. The other end of the powerline was connected to a switch. I connected direct to the Sky Hub instead and all is working again. Thanks again!

Back