01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect notifications disable/re-enable button overrides alarm schedules set in camera ip config webui

kakashisensei

Got a little issue I am trying to solve. I have a hikvision camera w/ audible and strobe alarm. Using hik-connect app, used added online device and linked camera to a hik server.

I am using intrusion detection smart event, set to detect motion for 10 seconds before it triggers. I like this because I can get notified on the hik-connect app for whenever someone is outside my house for a prolonged time, and not get bombarded with false notices of people walking by. Unfortunately none of the other smart events have time threshold before it triggers.

I also have it trigger audible/strobe alarms if this happens between 12am to 7am. To do that, I set the alarms to only be enabled from 12am to 7am. The intrusion detection is set to full 24 hr schedule. That way I can get notified whenever, and the alarms only go off in the middle of the night. This was all configured through the camera local ip webui.

Unfortunately when playing around with the hik-connect app, I see it can override alot of settings. With the notification button placed on the home screen (for each camera) that enables/disables notifications, it will turn off the alarm schedules or re-enable them to a full 24 hr schedule. I can see myself accidently pressing this, or a family member pressing this. And then the alarms may go off during the middle of the day and piss off neighbors.

This is quite annoying. Is there a solution or work-around for this? It would be nice if the hik-connect app didn't override settings on the camera...

Thanks.

Back