01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Link my intruder alarm to one key disarm on my NVR?

Chriss5471

Ok I have the 7608ni-M2 unit all set up and running. I have one key disarm set up and if I go on the app my live guard cameras can be armed, armed silently or disarmed and my schedules etc are set up. My issue is if I’m away and parents come over they can switch off my house alarm no problem but my CCTV will remained armed unless I go on the app and disarm it for them.

My query is if I wire from the alarm control panel a zone to my alarm input on the NVR can the one key disarm relay be triggered by setting and unsetting the home alarm. For example they arrive and disarm my home alarm and this sends a signal to my NVR, relay triggers and my camera status goes to disarmed in the app. Then when they leave they set the home alarm panel and it sets a signal to the NVR and the one key disarm relay triggers and bang the app updates the camera back to armed?

I would just give it a try and see but my issue is that I understand relays and I have wired an alarm output from my NVR avoiding power to an internal siren which triggers if an intrusion event happens. However when it comes to alarm panel wiring I have no idea as you have a zone (NO or NC devices) then wiring from the zone on the alarm panel which is as follows: Zone, com and 12V. I obviously don’t want to just try wires and fry something in my NVR so thought I’d ask for suggestions first!

Back