01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect HiK-connect off line what an idiot I am

fin

Centurion!
Trusted Member
What an idiot I am, things were working average, so pretty good for Hikvision I’d tried a few software updates which were unstable over the last year so I’d gone back to 4.22.005, that was until this afternoon and I’ve lost 5-6 hours of my life and no things don’t work.

So I had 4.22.005 on my 7708 no-I until I tried to upgrade to the 2mp version of 4.40.016, then normal version of 4.40.016 then tried normal version of 4.40.015 and all of them had my unit offline on hik-connect despite my PC able to talk to it and it send test emails, each time I uploaded the config file I saved before I started to see if this resolved this but it still didn’t sort it. I checked all the setting as posts on here and checked the serial number was correctly listed at www.hik-connect.com and it was I’ve now gone back to the original version I had on this morning which was 4.22.005 and upload the config file also and it’s still staying offline and I cannot get it to reconnect.

In the last year I upgraded my 7708 to a 7716 and never sold the 7708. The 7708 was on version 4.40.15 no idea why I’d upgraded it so I then updated this now problematic 7716 to the same version. I then put them across two screens and spent hours checking every setting whatsoever was the same as the 7708 ni-i which as soon as I plugged it in it went straight online.

I went onto hik-connect.com and the 7716 was there and was offline no matter what I did so I delete it and tried to re add but it constantly says offline as per my photos and would not let it be added.

Ive put some general screen shots on of settings and I’ve tried various different servers on the Hik-Connect section but non make it go online and I try scanning with Hik-Connect on my phone or via the online version on my PC each time and it always says offline. I’ve also tried pinging various ones and the latest one I should have as a setting and it fails the ping as per the notes on one of the help leaflets but the old one doesn’t, it pings perfect but does not allow the unit to go online though, I’ve tried everything I found on this site this issue points to the DNS settings would be wrong but they are the same as the other unit which works. I also tried setting the unit for a period of time on DHCP mode so it was auto populated by the router but that didn’t make any different.

Put some photos on. Hope someone could help and 4.40.016 has not broken my unit.
EC25448B-FD12-4F59-A23A-0EF0C6A8164A.png
6FC8ADF6-8107-482A-BD43-84A4FE7EB0FF.png
DE061D25-B5E8-474F-A322-00E8F3D67AD4.png
C6336E9A-B211-4D92-88E0-D2F622AF8C07.png

Following this I updated the unit back to 4.40.016
So it’s on the latest version working or not. With all the versions I tried yesterday everything else seamed to work including event emails being sent just unable to add to Hik-Connect

@fin I gave up with hikconnect and setup the VPN server on my home router. I now have reliable remote access, stable playback etc.

So what do you use on your phone to receive alerts and view the Hik-Connect app or something else?

As an further update to the experts out there and things I’ve tried are. The NVR has been put into a DMZ so it shouldn’t be the router.

I’ve tried the telnet checks.

when I do telnet dev.hik-connect.com 8555 it does as the help manual states and goes blank for a moment and then back to a normal screen, it doesn’t say it passes or fails or anything of the sort.
However when I run telnet litedev.hik-connect.com 8555 it fails

And when I run telnet litedev.eu.hik-connect.com 8555 it also fails.

Remembering ive another NVR in the house working fine on litedev.eu.hik-connect.com and a intercom system also.

I’ve also tried having the preferred dns 8.8.8.8 and secondary as 8.8.4.4 and then the other option as preferred 192.168.0.1 and secondary as 8.8.8.8 as there is conflicting documents on the internet stating what should be set to what.

mans the preferred so match the Ip of the device, note my other NVR doesn’t have to be.

mine thing to note is every time I reboot the unit it goes to the setup wizard, I cancel and everything and all my camera are there

Attachments

• 42BA543D-F390-4807-91EC-759CBEEEEB5B.png
    42BA543D-F390-4807-91EC-759CBEEEEB5B.png
    48.6 KB · Views: 556
So what do you use on your phone to receive alerts and view the Hik-Connect app or something else?
@fin I use the NVR email server to send email, its not perfect but is more reliable / stable than hikconnect. When I get an email of interest I connect via VPN and view / playback as if I am at home. View / playback over 3G is good enough to see what's going on.

Further update I’ve manage to add all my individual cameras to Hik-connect using the litedev.eu.hik-connect.com server address that was already populated with them so I cannot be that

The error code I have is offline (0xe0020008) as per the photo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 995
Exactly. It's so frustrating that in order to support push notifications you are forced to use the Hik Connect service rather than your own static IP or domain. Even the old iVMS 4500 app can push notifications to your phone while using the IP/Domain method of adding the site.

Pretty much identical issue here. Spent absolutely ages trying to troubleshoot, especially with network configuration and ruled out absolutely everything apart from the NVR firmware. As soon as I moved off of v4.22.005 the status has remained "offline", even when backdating and re-updating, resetting, everything. Still remains offline. Annoying as also Hik-Connect is required for proper push notifications. Hopefully someone can report to HikVision?

As bad as it sounds I’m glad it’s not only me. Hopefully many more will have the issue and they’ll advise a work around or new software. Cannot believe I did it, thought I’d be ok because I’d done a config export and reloading that would resolve it but not a chance

If Hikvision would just allow push notifications to the Hik Connect app without using their Hik Connect service I'd be happy. I won't use UPnP/NAT due to previous issues and use port forwarding then configure DDNS in the app. I have my own DDNS and an IP that changes very rarely (Virgin Media) yet I have to use their service. The number of issues I've seen on this and other forums with issues that relate to the Hik Connect service is huge. For every system I install I'll only use the app without the service to avoid getting constantly called to resolve a problem over which I've no control.

As bad as it sounds I’m glad it’s not only me. Hopefully many more will have the issue and they’ll advise a work around or new software. Cannot believe I did it, thought I’d be ok because I’d done a config export and reloading that would resolve it but not a chance

I thought the exact same thing as well by taking a config backup but seems as though the unit just refuses to connect no matter what and it seems it definitely won't be fixed unless a firmware update comes out to resolve it. Thing is HikVision still won't talk to end customers even about reporting bugs and glitches, and every online resource just points to checking network configuration settings!

If Hikvision would just allow push notifications to the Hik Connect app without using their Hik Connect service I'd be happy. I won't use UPnP/NAT due to previous issues and use port forwarding then configure DDNS in the app. I have my own DDNS and an IP that changes very rarely (Virgin Media) yet I have to use their service. The number of issues I've seen on this and other forums with issues that relate to the Hik Connect service is huge. For every system I install I'll only use the app without the service to avoid getting constantly called to resolve a problem over which I've no control.

Completely agree, DDNS works fine but it's annoying having to miss out on key features. Like the entire selling point of AcuSense etc. is that you can be notified via push notification right away when it detects an event. If the service goes down or doesn't let you register then you're on your own basically.

I have not had any dealings with the latest 4.40 FW versions as yet ...................... however the following may be a Long Shot but worth a try.

In previous FW versions, I have stumbled across this a few times with NVR showing as "Offline", however usually when attempting to share a device or other functions related to Hik-Connect, which appears to be contributed to the Verification Code. The following work around fixed the issues i had.

1. Login to your NVR via Web Client
2. Navigate to "Network" "Advanced Settings" & "Platform Access" click the eye icon to View your Verification Code
3. Highlight & Copy the Verification Code
4. Navigate to the "Local" tab at the top of the Menu List
5. Clear the "Encryption Key" box, the paste the copied Verification Code into the Encryption Key box
6. Click Save

As said, i stumbled across this as being an issue with Hik-Connect functions on a few occassions, but have not once had an error or prompt guiding me to the issue........................

Not sure if it has any bearing on your problem or if it will work ............................ but from reading this thread you have got nothing to lose

Best Regards
Gaz

Thank you for taking the time to post that, tried a couple of times. Unfortunately didn’t solve it

Has anyone managed to report the problem to HikVision? Have spoken to our installer who has passed the info on but it'd be likely they'll just assume it's a configuration issue.

Considering going back many versions one by one and seeing what that will affect, worried it may brick the unit further however

Back