01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect Update 23/08/24 (6.6.0.20240822.2) - Finally! - Sorting Supported

JB1970

Guru
Trusted Member
Finally after years of people requesting it. The Hik-Connect update this morning allows you to change the order of sites on the Home Screen. There are also changes allowing grouping of devices and how the device thumbnails are displayed.

The layout is a bit better allowing you to scroll the thumbnails of a site or click expand to see them in a full page grid (with a small or large tile)

What would be good is if the device thumbnails for the cameras automatically refreshed. The other day I added my home system to Apple Homekit using Homebridge so that the cameras can be viewed live in the Home app with the rest of my devices. In Home once the app is brought to the foreground the camera thumbnails update every 10 seconds. Maybe in another few years Hik-Connect might catch up...

Last edited:
OK - First bug

After installing 'Switch to large card', 'Switch to small card' were working. An hour on the thumbnails are showing as small cards and no amount of changing the setting back and forth will restore them to large.

No doubt as there are a few UI changes, there will be little issues and frequent 'bug fix' updates...

Last edited:
Second Bug - Groups

Creating group and adding cameras from multiple sites works. However when you create additional groups it goes a bit screwy. I created a group called 'Family' and that worked fine. I then created a second group 'Temp' and added one camera, however it incorrectly also added the entire 'Family' group inside 'Temp'. When I deleted 'Family' from 'Temp' I also lost all of the cameras inside 'Family'

Maybe one day they will finally add the ability to change the notification sound :(

Another update this morning to 6.6.1.20240826.2. The two bugs in the OP still exist. It appears that the large tile/small tile setting: 1 - only works on group pages, not on the main 'Device' tab. 2 - Devices need to be exclusively in one group, they cannot be in two separate groups.

There are still issues when you add multiple groups. Group 2 tab shows its own cameras and Group 1. Deleting Group 1 from Group 2 deletes Group 2 entirely requiring it to be added again.

They're small issues that will only affect users viewing multiple sites, where a user may want one group tab per site.

Update:

When using intercom indoor station

We have 2 relay output shortcuts next to video of door station video under device list.

But when indoor station is added to group card, those shortcuts aren't shown.

Update:

When using intercom indoor station

We have 2 relay output shortcuts next to video of door station video under device list.

But when indoor station is added to group card, those shortcuts aren't shown.
Similarly I moved a standalone outdoor station to a group. In Devices only the 2 way audio button is shown along with links for Call and Event; whereas in the group those are missing. It looks as though when you add an intercom to a group it's displayed with the same icons and buttons of any other camera (snapshot etc), but without the intercom controls.

My app updated on iPhone to 6.6.301 yesterday and my custom sorting has gone - all my devices are still there, but no longer in the right order. I think hikvision are secretly employing morecambe and wise. You’ll have to be a certain age to understand that :)

I’ve just force closed and restarted the app, and the option is there again. But it’s still all the right devices, but not necessarily in the right order. Have dragged them all back to where I had them now. Hope I don’t have to re-sort them after every update.

I’ve just force closed and restarted the app, and the option is there again. But it’s still all the right devices, but not necessarily in the right order. Have dragged them all back to where I had them now. Hope I don’t have to re-sort them after every update.
I noticed that too - only a few to re order on mine so no stress. Kudos on the Morecambe & Wise mention; IMHO their best sketch (ahead of both Shirley Bassey & ‘Breakfast’)

Back