01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik vision cctv working on monitor but showing as offline in app?

Jazzybro78

Hi, I'm after some help please. I have a hikvision nvr hooked up to a cctv camera overlooking my driveway. Had it for about 3 years with no issues, working when connected to TV via hdmi and on mobile app. Live feed continues to work on my TV but shows as offline on the app without explanation.

Thought it may be the lan cable connecting nvr to router, so swapped for one I know works with no difference.

Noticed that there are no flashing lights at both ends of the lan cable (one into router and one into nvr), but can't remember whether there were any in the first place!

Any advice would be appreciated

Hi, I'm after sine help please. I have a hikvision nvr hooked up to a cctv camera overlooking my driveway. Had it for about 3 years with no issues, working when connected to TV via hdmi and on mobile app. Live feed continues to work on my TV but shows as offline on the app without explanation. Thought it may be the lan cable connecting nvr to router, so swapped for one I know works with no difference. Noticed that there are no flashing lights at both ends of the lan cable (one into router and one into nvr), but can't remember whether there were any in the first place! Any advice would be appreciated
There should be LEDs for Link and Activity on the router port.

Upvote 0
There should be LEDs for Link and Activity on the router port.
Thanks, there definitely isn't any lights at either end of the cable. I have changed my broadband provider recently so thought it maybe the IP range issue that's been mentioned under the networking threads, but even if this is the issue, then I would still expect the ports at the cable entry points to light up?

Any suggestions to fix? Thinking the actual port may have gone or something?

Upvote 0
Thanks, there definitely isn't any lights at either end of the cable. I have changed my broadband provider recently so thought it maybe the IP range issue that's been mentioned under thee networking threads, but even if this is the issue, then I would still expect the ports at the cable entry points to light up?

Any suggestions to fix? Thinking the actual port may have gone or something?
Do you have link/activity LEDs for any other device plugged into the router?

Go into the menu of the NVR into Network Settings. If you select DHCP and click Save/Apply it should populate the IP address and Gateway from your router automatically. If DHCP is already on - turn it off, enter a random IP address in the box 10.10.10.10 and save it, then turn DHCP back on and save it. If it doesn't repopulate the IP address it would seem there's no connection to the router.

Upvote 0
Do you have link/activity LEDs for any other device plugged into the router?

Go into the menu of the NVR into Network Settings. If you select DHCP and click Save/Apply it should populate the IP address and Gateway from your router automatically. If DHCP is already on - turn it off, enter a random IP address in the box 10.10.10.10 and save it, then turn DHCP back on and save it. If it doesn't repopulate the IP address it would seem there's no connection to the router.
Hi. Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

If I hard wire in my laptop to the router, I do get the blinking led at the laptop connection

I tried entering the random IP address as suggested , but wasn't sure which IP address box to use as there were a few so just entered it in the first one as per screenshot. The dchp box was ticked already so I unticked it and followed your instructions.

It DID repopulate the IP address as per screenshot

What does that mean?

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240831_145556_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240831_145556_Gallery.jpg
    882.2 KB · Views: 24
Upvote 0
That means it’s connected to your router, as it has assigned the NVR an IP address.

Upvote 0
Ah, ok thanks. Any suggestions as to what to try next?
You only showed the ‘easy’ menu, switch to ‘expert’ and set the DNS server 1 address to 8.8.8.8 and the second DNS address to 192.168.1.1. Then go into ‘Platform Access’ and make sure Hik-Connect is enabled. It should show ‘online’ on that page once enabled (you might need to click out of the page and back in to see it refresh it’s status) If you’ve previously added this NVR to your account the ‘Bind Status’ should show that. If it’s ‘online’ but unbound you’ll need to add it to your account (there are guides on this forum)

Upvote 0
You only showed the ‘easy’ menu, switch to ‘expert’ and set the DNS server 1 address to 8.8.8.8 and the second DNS address to 192.168.1.1. Then go into ‘Platform Access’ and make sure Hik-Connect is enabled. It should show ‘online’ on that page once enabled (you might need to click out of the page and back in to see it refresh it’s status) If you’ve previously added this NVR to your account the ‘Bind Status’ should show that. If it’s ‘online’ but unbound you’ll need to add it to your account (there are guides on this forum)
Thanks. Silly question. How do i show 'expert' menu?

Upvote 0
Back