01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision cameras all showing offline?

gserbele

I currently have a setup where I am sending wifi via Ubiquiti bridges to 5 Hikvision PTZ cameras in various locations on our ranch to view cows during calving.

All has been well for a few years, but all of a sudden as we are about to start calving, all the cameras are showing offline.

I have no idea what caused this. I do not even know where to start. I am wondering if my IPV4 address has changed and the cameras are no longer in the parameters?

I can't log into the cameras via SADP or Hikvision IMVS 4200 or hikconnect, all show them offline.

I really do not want to have to get each camera down. Any ideas on what I can do or check or change to get them working again?

The cameras all have power and work, I just cannot access the feed via LAN or via my app on my cell phone.

I am in MAJOR panic mode as calving starts soon. My cameras are showing 192.168.50.171:xx and my IPV4 shows 192.168.50.60 after I just did a restart of it, an hour prior it showed 192.168.50.165, with my default gatetway of 192.168.50.1.
Also no idea why two of the cameras show 64. IP addresses vs the 192.168, and they do that randomly.

So another side note, I send internet from my house (asus router) to our shop (linksys router), from the shop to a barn (no router, one camera outside this barn), barn to light pole (no router, one camera here), to other barn (no router, three cameras here).

I have contemplated setting up an NVR for all the cameras to be on one setup, but again, not sure how to go about this with all the cameras at various locations. Maybe I can put the NVR at the shop that feeds the internet to the first barn or at the first barn and send the internet signal to all the camera from the NVR, but only the camera at the first barn would be able to be plugged into it, the rest are too far away.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-22 194145.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-22 194145.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 47
Hi @gserbele

Have you tried enabling DHCP for one of the cameras in SADP? Does the IP address of the camera change when you enable DHCP? If it does can you please share the IP address it is now using?

Can you please also share a screenshot of how all the cameras appear in SADP?

I cant get any of the cameras to show up in SADP to see their new IP if that is the issue. It shows 0 cameras online.

I cant get any of the cameras to show up in SADP to see their new IP if that is the issue. It shows 0 cameras online.
Can you ping any of the ubiquiti bridges?

Could you post a network diagram to understand what is where include model numbers.

David,
Thank you for taking the time to try to help me along. So am sure I am going to come across as not knowing much. I do to an extent, but now that they do not work, I am not sure even how to go about getting them back up. I was hoping I could trouble shoot various options as far as what could have cause them to all go down. I can ping all my ubiquiti bridges. They work. I have a Asus ZenWifi AX router at my house, and from there I shoot internet to my shop, where I have a Linksys - Atlas Pro AX5300. From one of the nodes, I am sending the internet to my 1st barn where I have a Netgear switch. That switch powers a local NVR box with 6 cameras, which work and I can access them. It also powers my first Hikvision PTZ, which is not working. From that switch, I also send the signal to another barn which has another switch running 4 cameras. All 5 cameras how power but are not working for me to see the feed. I have tried to log into IMVS-4200 and SADP at my house, at my shop and also at the first barn which feeds all 4 cameras, and nothing works, I can't get any of the cameras to show up on either one of those programs. I feel since I know I have internet working at the 1st barn since those cameras are working out of that switch there, and the Hikvision is not, I feel it has to be something with the IP address settings that have changed, blocking me from accessing the cameras. my IP at my house is 192.168.50.1, with the cameras being 192.168.1.171.81 to 192.168.171.85. At the shop, the ip address is 192.168.1.1 with the cameras used to show a 192.168.1.20, 21, 22, 23 and 24. Don't ask my why, I have no clue. I had set up port forwarding to the best of my ability, and it has worked for 4 years, until now, right before calving is set to start. Losing one calf can be 10's of thousands of dollars, so I am really needing these cameras back up and running. I know i do not have static IP's set, and I think that is what happened. I attached a picture earlier of my hik-connect login that used to work. I have no idea why some of the cameras switch to a 64. IP sometimes. I feel I need static IP on my cameras and my routers and that will fix it from switching on me, but again, not quite sure how to do it. I can see if my ISP will come help me, but since I do not use their router and have so many bridges set up (4 total bridges, 8 total receivers) and those are all working, I am reluctant to change to their router, but if that is what will fix it, I can. If you follow this at all and feel you could be of more assistance over the phone, I am willing to talk. I was hoping it would be a quick IPv4 change via static IP (my house now shows 192.168.50.60 and cameras are .171) but that didnt seem to fix it, but again, not sure if I did it correct so I reverted my changes. I tried a static ipv4 of 192.168.1.201 with DHCP of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. with an IP of 192.168.50.1.

David,
Thank you for taking the time to try to help me along. So am sure I am going to come across as not knowing much. I do to an extent, but now that they do not work, I am not sure even how to go about getting them back up. I was hoping I could trouble shoot various options as far as what could have cause them to all go down. I can ping all my ubiquiti bridges. They work. I have a Asus ZenWifi AX router at my house, and from there I shoot internet to my shop, where I have a Linksys - Atlas Pro AX5300. From one of the nodes, I am sending the internet to my 1st barn where I have a Netgear switch. That switch powers a local NVR box with 6 cameras, which work and I can access them. It also powers my first Hikvision PTZ, which is not working. From that switch, I also send the signal to another barn which has another switch running 4 cameras. All 5 cameras how power but are not working for me to see the feed. I have tried to log into IMVS-4200 and SADP at my house, at my shop and also at the first barn which feeds all 4 cameras, and nothing works, I can't get any of the cameras to show up on either one of those programs. I feel since I know I have internet working at the 1st barn since those cameras are working out of that switch there, and the Hikvision is not, I feel it has to be something with the IP address settings that have changed, blocking me from accessing the cameras. my IP at my house is 192.168.50.1, with the cameras being 192.168.1.171.81 to 192.168.171.85. At the shop, the ip address is 192.168.1.1 with the cameras used to show a 192.168.1.20, 21, 22, 23 and 24. Don't ask my why, I have no clue. I had set up port forwarding to the best of my ability, and it has worked for 4 years, until now, right before calving is set to start. Losing one calf can be 10's of thousands of dollars, so I am really needing these cameras back up and running. I know i do not have static IP's set, and I think that is what happened. I attached a picture earlier of my hik-connect login that used to work. I have no idea why some of the cameras switch to a 64. IP sometimes. I feel I need static IP on my cameras and my routers and that will fix it from switching on me, but again, not quite sure how to do it. I can see if my ISP will come help me, but since I do not use their router and have so many bridges set up (4 total bridges, 8 total receivers) and those are all working, I am reluctant to change to their router, but if that is what will fix it, I can. If you follow this at all and feel you could be of more assistance over the phone, I am willing to talk. I was hoping it would be a quick IPv4 change via static IP (my house now shows 192.168.50.60 and cameras are .171) but that didnt seem to fix it, but again, not sure if I did it correct so I reverted my changes. I tried a static ipv4 of 192.168.1.201 with DHCP of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. with an IP of 192.168.50.1.
Just seen this, I’ll have to read it a few times.

David

@gserbele there’s a mix up of subnets, let me draw a diagram so I can understand it better. Where are you?

Back