01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision acusense live guard cameras at home?

djbubz

Hi can anybody help before I purchase?

Are these cameras any good with live guard for home driveways / rear garden?

I like the fact of lights flash audio etc and I would get the ax pro alarm also.

Queries are:
  1. How would this work when leaving and getting back home, would the cameras trigger us going to own house? Every time?
  2. When at home weekends in gardens etc would cameras be going off and notifications or just leaving and coming back from work etc.?
  3. Can it work with geo fencing or something to know its my family and not an intruder?
  4. If having ax pro is there a point in the live guard cameras? And just have normal?
  5. Can liveguard be unset when alarm unarmed is when home but still record and notify detection?
  6. Lastly when left would it trigger for like delivery people, mail people, etc?

I can see its great for commercial, but will it work with everyday living at domestic homes?

Thank you in advance

Hi @djbubz

The answers to your questions are below:

1. The smart events that trigger the Live-Guard features can be scheduled so that they are only active certain hours of the day, so if you don't want it to trigger when you leave for/come home from work you can set the schedule not to cover these times.

2. Again, at the weekend you can set the event schedule to not be armed during daytime hours

3. Hikvision doesn't support geo-fencing

4. AX Pro is an internal security system like any standard alarm system and is designed to be triggered when some breaks into the property, the Live-Guard cameras act as a visual/audible deterrent to people who are in the vicinity of the property but haven't actually broken in. So they can work alongside each other or you can use one or the other.

5. When pairing the Live-Guard cameras with an M-series NVR it is possible to arm/disarm the Live-Guard functions in the Hik-Connect app and still receive notifications, see this forum thread where there has been much back and forth about this topic (we haven't tested whether these arm/disarm features are available if you just have the cameras added directly to the app without an NVR).

6. If the event area that is triggering the Live-Guard light & alarm is covering the driveway or path to the front door then yes it will trigger for any human that triggers that event (if you have it set up with an M-series NVR as explained above you could have it 'armed silently' during the day so that you are notified but don't scare the delivery driver with the visual/audible alarm.

In our opinion, for most residential installs the Live-Guard features are overkill and no matter how well you configure the smart events there is always a slim chance of false detections which could lead to you or your neighbours being woken up in the night by the strobe & alarm going off because its been triggered by a shadow or an animal.

Thank you very much thats covered my answers and have an idea what i will need to purchase

Reactions: Dan
just reading through to compare ajax or ax pro - shame i cant find ax pro in black

Back