01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry HikVision Doorbell - Any products with WiFi and Chime?

BerkoJas

Hi,

I want to get a smart door bell and already have a HikVision camera setup, ColorVu + DS-7608NI-K18P NVR

So I though getting a HikVision doorbell would be the way to go as I am familiar with some of there products and already use Hik-Connect mobile app.

I live in an old house so there is no ethernet / POE near door and would be difficult to cable. It would be nice also to have a chime unit near the door so people are notified even when they don't have their phone or a connected device on them. I'd also like to record video to my NVR for later review etc.

HikConnect wifi doorbell DS-KB6403-WIP look like a good choice but this seems to be discontinued? The only product I can find is the vandal proof doorbell which is pretty ugly.

These don't seem like excessive requirements but HiKVision doesn't seem to have a match. Maybe I'm missing something.

EZVIZ do them but I'm not sure about how compatible they are in order to record to the NVR. They use a different app - EZVIZ Life or something like that.

I use the Hikvision intercom kit. It doesn't have a chime per se, but I just the indoor screen that it comes with to provide that local audible alert. It does ring continuously for the duration of the timer unless answered or cancelled (rather than a one time ding dong) which isn't ideal but I've gotten used to. Both the outdoor unit (KV6113) and indoor screen (KH6320) can be configured for WiFi or Ethernet.

JB Correct but search my post on the 6113 (they all work the same ish) as they have limitations

JB Correct but search my post on the 6113 (they all work the same ish) as they have limitations
I had a look but found numerous posts. I've had no issues with mine since installation.

Back