01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

hikvision DS-2CD1H23G0-IZ not supported Firefox and Chrome browsers?

Focster

Hey, everybody.
I have a camera hikvision DS-2CD1H23G0-IZ
In the specification of the camera support for browsers: Safari, Firefox, Chrome.
But when I go to the ip address of the camera in Firefox or Chrome, I get the answer that the browser is not supported.
The firmware version on my camera was 5.5.9.4, I updated it to the latest one from here:
portal EU
But it didn't help, I still can't access the camera from the mentioned browsers (via IVMS everything is fine).
What can I do to make the camera support Firefox or Chrome?

Hi @Focster

Looking at the browser support table Hikvision has provided to us it looks like this is one of the older models which has NOT received the firmware update to support plug-in free/modern browser access and so probably your only ways of accessing this particular model are either Microsoft Edge in IE mode (doesn't work for all cameras) or iVMS-4200.

You are correct that the datasheet mentions support for modern browsers, but I think this is just Hikvision being unclear and what they actually mean is that the camera can be accessed with all of those browsers (and some settings can be edited using those browsers) but not all of them support live view.

Back