01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Ds 2de4425iw de s5 PTZ motion tracking?

Bamba

Hi can you tell me if this as motion tracking as I can’t seem to find this feature through my nvr
Thanks in advance

Hi @Bamba

If you have the DS-2DE4425IW-DE(S5) then I'm afraid not, this is one of the most affordable AcuSense PTZ cameras that Hikvision released, which is why it unfortunately does not have the auto-tracking feature.

The next model, which is the DS-2DE5425IW-AE(S5) would be the most affordable model which does offer it.

If you look in the "smart features" section of the datasheet, you can check if it does have this feature:

Screenshot 2021-12-10 093752.png

I have bought this DS-2DE4425IW DE(T5) and dissapointedly find there's no smart tracking. It's very confusing the customers by having some variants of this camera (DE, AE, T5, S5, S6).
This camera has amazing capabilities but became useless without smart/auto tracking.

I really hoping that hikvision make new firmware which have the smart tracking feature into it. I'm aware that hikvision have this smart feature on others line up for more expensive price tag.

But as average costumer (who want to built hikvision security system for my home), i could bought other cheaper cctv with decent capabilities (including smart tracking), but honestly, i dissapointed by choosing this camera with amazing capabilities but become useless by not having smart tracking.

Last edited:
Back