01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

PTZ DS-2DE4425iW-DE(T5) not panning? (tilt and zoom ok)

fport

Hi,

I have had some PTZ DS-2DE4425iW-DE(T5) installed lately, and some of them are not panning.
I can see from the switch that PoE power draw increases when I select pan button from web interface, but the camera does not pan.
Tilt and zoom work as expected.

Unfortunately it is a very remote site and have not had a chance to visit and establish if on power up sequence the usual ptz self movement checks are carried out.

I am trying to control it from the camera's web interface.

Image looks fine and there are no other indications of issues.

What could be possible issues?
Is it common for gearing, motor or such internal mechanical parts to not work? The installers are new and not me, so could be issue, ie rough handling.
Could rotating the dome by hand break internals?
Fact power is drawn seems to suggest motor runs but not engaged with housing?

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions to try!

FP

Thank you Kyle for the prompt reply.

I was not very clear on it: only some cameras seem affected.

The on screen osd pan indicator changes, but no physical movement takes place.

If there was not enough power to the cam could this explain it?

Yes, there's a chance it's a power issue so it's worth checking you have enough power budget on your POE or alternative power source.
If you're using POE, are the cable runs to your cameras all within 100m?
It's definitely worth checking the firmware and your browser is up to date in the first instance anyway.
You could also test in iVMS-4200, as you can add cameras from remote sites to it, in case it's linked to the browser access.

Hi,

I have some more information.

When booting the cameras up the affected cameras show this on the OSD:
'PanTilt checking failed'
What can be reasons for this to be reported?

Also worth noting that the OSD shows the pan angle changing on command, but there is no physical rotation of the dome.
Tilt and zoom do work.

Can manually rotating the dome break it?
Unlikely but if something got snagged at some point, say a wire, can the mechanism also break?

I do not think it is a power issue because I turned off all the other cams on the same PoE switch, and the issue still persists.
Cables are less than 100m yes.
Software version is 5.8.0, camera version 2.00. Browser is latest Chrome.

FP

Are these new cameras?

There may be a pan drive belt, which may have come off or snapped.
But, we have never known of issues with this / never seen this fault or error text reported.
I doubt that normal manual handling would break the belt or cause it to come off.

It's very unusual that you are experiencing this issue with multiple cameras newly installed at a single site ...

Back