01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision PTZ model DS-2DF8236IX-AELW "failed" messages?

Paul Bradley

I recently bought a used Hikvision PTZ, model number DS-2DF8236IX-AELW.
I have factory reset the camera and have been able to connect it to my hik-connect account and access the web page and find it on the SADP tool.
It displays picture and zooms okay. On start up a message appears on screen saying "Selfcheck failed" then it will disappear and then "pan and tilt failed" will be displayed.
Is this a protocol setting problem or is there a problem with the camera? When I try to pan/tilt the numbers at the bottom the screen that usually change depending on your position do not moved but the do for the zoom.
Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @Paul Bradley

What firmware version is the camera currently running? (you can find this in SADP)

Thanks @Paul Bradley

That is the latest firmware, we have not seen these kinds of error messages before when dealing with Hikvision PTZs.

The user manual for the cameras says this about the 'self-test':

After power up, the speed dome will perform self-test action. It begins with lens action and then pan/tilt movement.
After the self-test action, the system information of the speed dome including model, address, communication, version, and others will be displayed on screen for 40 seconds.

This might suggest there is a fault with the PTZ, but if the error messages are not actually impacting the performance of the PTZ then I think you will be fine to carry on. As a used/2nd-hand camera, you will likely have issues trying to arrange any kind of return/repair.

Back