01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect App - shared user can't see PTZ Preset tab?

JaredGreenall

Hi all,

So we have a couple of Hikvision DS-2DE4A425IW-DE PTZ cameras on the network (and if useful, the NVR is Hikvision DS-7732NI-I4). These are working fine themselves, but the issue comes with the Hik-Connect App (Android for all the below if that matters).

I am the "site owner", and I can control everything about these cameras on the app (talking Hik-Connect, not Hik-Partner) including Pan & Tilt, Presets, and Focus/Zoom/PTZ Speed (inside the "More" tab).

I have shared the whole site to my dad (all permissions checked, on the exact same version of the app etc.) and he can see absolutely everything EXCEPT for the Preset tab. He can control the pan & tilt/zoom and so on, but he can't see the preset tab or call the presets. Is there something special that I am missing or is it just that the app needs fixing to allow this? We have tried the phone in landscape orientation in case it just didn't have enough space to fit it all in, but that didn't work. I haven't tried to log in to his phone with my account yet, but I feel that this will work fine as the apps are the same version and same version of Android, it seems to be more of a sharing/permissions issue but I can't find this in the app, partner portal or the NVR settings anywhere.

It isn't a major issue as I do want to find a little PTZ controller so that he can call presets from the firing point (these cameras are for the targets at a shooting range) but at the moment I haven't found one that is as simple as I need it (or as cheap seen as it is a family affair n'all that).

If someone knows of a fix, or that it is a bug that has not been dealt with, or even of a simple preset caller that I can add to the system, that would be amazing!

Thank You,
Jared

Back