01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-7332HUHI-K4 - I can't find how to switch POC sockets on?

T124

I can't find how to switch POC sockets on. There is no voltage coming from the socket to power cctv camera. Instructions are for several systems and it says " switch on selected poc sockets from going to menu/camera/ poc status. I cannot find this on my system. Does anyone have this DVR and know how to fix this issue please?

Solution
Hi @T124

If the model number in the title of this thread is correct, then I think it is the case that the DVR model you have doesn't support PoC. Looking at the datasheet, I see no mention of PoC, and when you search the Hikvision website for PoC DVRs, you'll see that all the PoC DVRs have a "/P" at the end of the model numbers.

With a non-PoC DVR, you will need to provide separate power to each camera.
Hi @T124

If the model number in the title of this thread is correct, then I think it is the case that the DVR model you have doesn't support PoC. Looking at the datasheet, I see no mention of PoC, and when you search the Hikvision website for PoC DVRs, you'll see that all the PoC DVRs have a "/P" at the end of the model numbers.

Upvote 1
Solution
Hi @T124

Yeah thanks you were right Dan. Had to wire a 12v supply to cameras. My next problem is the units fan is annoyingly loud. I'm only running 8 cameras on a 32 port. I'm disconnecting this fan ( unplugged easily from board ). Not bothered about warranty it's useless and heading for skip with the fan noise at present. The question is can this DVR run on 8 cameras without the annoying fan running? ( I guess I'll find out! )

Upvote 0
Hi @T124

As the cameras are not directly connected they shouldn't be causing any added heat for the NVR, the biggest cause of heat is the HDDs. If the DVR is fully loaded with 4 HDDs then the fan would likely be required, but if it's only 1 or 2 HDDs and the DVR is in a ventilated space you might be okay without the fan.

This is only a guess because disconnecting/disabling the fans voids the warranty, so we have never done this and don't have hands-on experience of how a DVR will run without the fan.

Upvote 0
Hi @T124

As the cameras are not directly connected they shouldn't be causing any added heat for the NVR, the biggest cause of heat is the HDDs. If the DVR is fully loaded with 4 HDDs then the fan would likely be required, but if it's only 1 or 2 HDDs and the DVR is in a ventilated space you might be okay without the fan.

This is only a guess because disconnecting/disabling the fans voids the warranty, so we have never done this and don't have hands-on experience of how a DVR will run without the fan.
I have a few of the smaller PoE NVRs running without a fan. Although the newer DS-7604NXI-K1/4P models have a fan, the previous single disk non AcuSense models (DS-7604NI-K1/4P & DS-7608NI-K1/4P) did not have a case fan fitted to the RHS vent. However these smaller models also do not have an internal PSU that will generate heat. I've monitored a few where the fans are not connected and see that the HDDs run 3 to 5 degrees C warmer but remain well within the HDD vendors specs. Of course that doesn't necessarily indicate how hot the main board is running but I've opened plenty over the years and never noticed much heat.

I think proving a DVR or NVR failure was caused by a disconnected fan could be difficult unless it's disconnected when it arrives back...If anything, fitting a so called 'silent' fan would be more of an issue as the modification is obvious and they don't provide the same airflow.

#this message will self destruct some time tomorrow!

Upvote 0
Back