01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS-4200 New to iVMS 4200 - can't find where to set up the line-crossing etc on my cameras?

AlanW

Recently upgraded internet router. To enable access to current Hikvision system with DS-7608 I have upgraded to iVMS 4200 software on my PC.
I can see cameras in some screens but can't find where to set up the line-crossing etc on my cameras. When I follow the user guide it doesn't match up with my screens.
The latest guide is version 2.6.2.6, and my iVMS 4200 says 3.11.0.5 Client. Can anyone advise me please?

Let's see if we can sort you out here ...
A router replacement should not necessitate a switch to using iVMS instead of your browser (by all means, use both in the long run if you wish).

Your new router is probably using a different domain range to before, and your NVR will need to be edited to be 'in that range of IP addresses'.

For starters, if you can load Hikvision's SADP utility onto your PC; run that; share a screenshot here of what it finds (showing the IP address of your NVR).
Stay online if you can for further Q&A and someone will be able to lead you through to fix this :)

Hello Phil, thanks for your reply. I have just run SADP from the desktop and it gave me 4 files that it couldn't find. I have searched and found these in c:\users\public\ivms-4200 site\userdata\video\player. The files were HCNetSDK.dll, Qt5Core.dll, Qt5Gui.dll, Qt5Xml.dll.
Where should I run SADP from?
Thanks Alan

I am not sure why those files that you mention have been generated.

SADP is a utility program provided by Hikvision.
You should be able to download it from their website - here.
It should download an executable file, which you can then run to install the SADP utility.

On that linked page (where you download the program from) you can see an example of the list / table of Hikvision devices on your network that SADP should generate.

That is what I was hoping to see as a snapshot of your system/setup.

Hello Phil, thanks for your reply. I have just run SADP from the desktop and it gave me 4 files that it couldn't find. I have searched and found these in c:\users\public\ivms-4200 site\userdata\video\player. The files were HCNetSDK.dll, Qt5Core.dll, Qt5Gui.dll, Qt5Xml.dll.
Where should I run SADP from?
Thanks Alan
Try installing it 'Run as Administrator'

Phil, I did exactly as you describe to download the SADP tool, then executed it while in "downloads" directory. After my message to you I moved it to the "Desktop" and ran it from there, and sent my message to you regarding the missing files.

Whiskey, I ran it from the Desktop "Run as Administrator" and it now gave only the HCNetSDK.dll missing.

Anyway gentlemen, after spending all day yesterday I found the "line-crossing" area I was looking for from 2 different directions. I have enclosed some screenshots and notes. I also found an IPV4 IP address which I tried from my browser. This put me back into my system with the much smaller amount of functionality. I am happy with this and wish to thank you both for your help. I know I will be back due to other quality problems, but this issue is now closed.
Thanks again.

Attachments

• Line crossing via Maint_Management IP camera01.png
    Line crossing via Maint_Management IP camera01.png
    408.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Cloud P2P Device.png
    Cloud P2P Device.png
    108.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IVMS-4200 CCTV system notes.docx
    6.4 KB · Views: 56
Back