01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision NVR "input signal out of range" and verification issues?

simwilk1

Hi
My HIK Vision NVR has thrown a wobbly and i cant get it back working on line. First problem is the monitor will show the Hik Vision boot up screen then goes blank with a messgae INPUT SIGNAL OUT OF RANGE. i then discover that i cant see or get the verification code from the NVR in an attempt to get it back online and registered with HIK connect online. There is a label on the casing but no code details are printed on there. I would welcome any advice as i need some evidence for a neighbour to present to the police and i just cant crack it. i can see it on the SADP tool and i have the correct password but i dont think the tool will alow me to change monitor settings or download the camera file i need to look at. I am confused as to why this NVR has developed so many issues having run well this past 18 months. Thank you in advance Simon

Hi @simwilk1

What NVR model is it and what firmware version is it currently running?

Hi Dan thank you for the reply . Th e model is DS-7608NI-K2/8P As i cant get access to the system i am not sure which firmware it is running. Sorry i cant help further.

If you can't log into the NVR to check the firmware, can you please check the firmware version shown in SADP?

Hi Dan yes didnt think of that I have v4.72.107BUILD 220914 I hope this helps Dan.

First problem is the monitor will show the Hik Vision boot up screen then goes blank with a messgae INPUT SIGNAL OUT OF RANGE
The initial screen with the Hikvision logo during boot is sent to the monitor at 720P 60Hz. The screen then goes blank as the recorder continues to boot and then it will change the resolution to whatever is programmed in display settings of the NVR. 'Input signal out of range' would indicate that the monitor is not compatible with the resolution that the NVR display settings is set to.

To resolve this you need to log into the NVR with a web browser and go to:

Configuration > System Settings > Menu Output. Drop it to 1280x720 and apply. Once you've altered the resolution of the NVR output below what the monitor supports, only change the setting using the menu on the HDMI connected monitor. The reason for that is when you change it on the local monitor, you get a pop up asking you to confirm the new resolution setting. If you fail to click ok (because the screen is blank if the resolution is not supported), the setting will revert after 15 seconds so you can't get stuck without an image.

Hi Dan thanks very much for your detailed instructions which i will follow. However i cant get the verification code from the NVR so that i can re register the NVR to my online account, but I did manage to get a SADP password from Hik Vision.

Not having adjusted the NVR settings i am at a loss why this unit has drastically lost its way not only resolution settings but de registering its self from my account at Hik Vision, when previously its worked perfectly on all my devices.

I will try a HDMI monitor plugged in as at the moment the loft mounted NVR has a old RS232 connected monitor. but it has always worked in the past. I will try the HDMI monitor tomorrow in the hope it picks up automatically the NVR screen settings. I can then note the verification code and get things up and running again.

Last edited:
Back