01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-7608NI-M2/8P NVR offline?

rob11

Hi my hikvision NVR is showing as Offline and I can't connect with the hik-connect app. I have tried various ways to rectify and I can't get it working.

NVR not showing in SADP tool.
NVR working and still recording, have tried different ethernet cable.

Registration Status - Offline(0xe0000105)
Account Status - Unlinked
Firmware version V4.63.020, Build 230808

Any help would be much appreciated.

20240828_172848566_iOS.jpg
20240828_180058954_iOS.jpg
20240828_180116222_iOS.jpg
20240828_180131964_iOS.jpg

Hi my hikvision NVR is showing as Offline and I can't connect with the hik-connect app. I have tried various ways to rectify and I can't get it working.

NVR not showing in SADP tool.
NVR working and still recording, have tried different ethernet cable.

Registration Status - Offline(0xe0000105)
Account Status - Unlinked
Firmware version V4.63.020, Build 230808

Any help would be much appreciated.

20240828_172848566_iOS.jpg
20240828_180058954_iOS.jpg
20240828_180116222_iOS.jpg
20240828_180131964_iOS.jpg
I would start by confirming that your NVR is connected to the network. Have you changed router or internet provider recently? From another computer or device on the local network:
  • can you connect to the NVR using a web browser (though you've already indicated it is not visible using SADP)?.
  • can you ping the NVR at its IP address from another PC on the network?
  • check the network settings - IP address and gateway match your network, DNS set primary to 8.8.8.8 and secondary to your router IP
EDIT: You haven't mentioned whether it has ever worked previously and it has stopped working/gone offline, or whether you're attempting to set it up for the first time....

I would start by confirming that your NVR is connected to the network. Have you changed router or internet provider recently? From another computer or device on the local network:
  • can you connect to the NVR using a web browser (though you've already indicated it is not visible using SADP)?.
  • can you ping the NVR at its IP address from another PC on the network?
  • check the network settings - IP address and gateway match your network, DNS set primary to 8.8.8.8 and secondary to your router IP
EDIT: You haven't mentioned whether it has ever worked previously and it has stopped working/gone offline, or whether you're attempting to set it up for the first time....
I'm using virgin media with hub 3.0, the internet did go off on Tuesday 27.04.24 due to an outage, but I first noticed hik-connect not working the day before.

Can't connect to NVR using web browser although not sure what the NVR's IP address is.
Network settings are all matching as shown in the photos.

All was working previously with DHCP enabled and enable obtain DNS server address automatically ticked.

Also unable to see the NVR on connect devices when logged into my routers ip address.

The third image that you attached shows that your NVR's IP address should be 192.168.0.54.
Your router/gateway IP address and your PC's IP address shown in another attachment seem to correctly be in the same domain range 192.168.0.XXX
Does the ethernet cable to the NVR run directly from your Virgin router to your NVR or are there any other devices in-play?
e.g. a network switch or wifi or network extension via the mains or similar.

SADP works at a very basic level, and with the IP addresses shown should find your NVR.
Hence, I am wondering whether there is some other device involved in connecting your NVR to your network?

Your problem seems to be Platform Access and HikConnect. Not your Network, as Phil says above.

You can also try as Preferred DNS Server your Gateway ip Address which is 192.168.0.1 and not 1.1.1.1 not auto and not 8.8.8.8.

Then wait for a few minutes or reboot your NVR

Check also this solution by bigmick777:

Last edited:
Thanks for the help everyone, turns out my tp link homeplugs had disconnected from each other, I had to reset the main homeplug by the router and then it all worked again normally.

Thanks for the help everyone, turns out my tp link homeplugs had disconnected from each other, I had to reset the main homeplug by the router and then it all worked again normally.
If you download the TP Link tool, you can see the homeplugs in that tool, click on each one, click advanced, and turn off power saving so they’re permanently linked rather than sleeping when there’s no data being passed.

Back