01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Lost platform access/hik-connect after upgrade

bigmick777

Over the weekend I updated my NVR and Camera firmware to the latest (recent) releases.

DS-7608NI-M2/8P V5.03.010 build 240606
DS-2CD2387G2H-LIU V5.7.17 build 240606 x 2
DS-2CD2347G2H-LISU/SL V5.7.17 build 240606 x 2

Ever since my hik-connect is not working. Logging into the NVR (via web) and the cameras etc are all available in device access / live view etc.

On the NVR platform access is now disabled - the installer setup this when he handed the system over but trying to sort this myself - and hopefully with some help from the forum :)

DNS servers are set to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

I've enabled platform access,
server IP: litedev.eu.hik-connect.com
Port: 7800
Device ID: AXnnnnnnn (as sure this looks like the same number as before)
Key: is blank

I've created a new key

Click Save but registration status stays as offline.

When I click off the platform access section and back the key field is empty again.

Any help greatly appreciated! Cheers,

Last edited:
Solution
Morning guys - so last night, before giving up for the evening, I just tried to toggle the hik-connect setting on the NVR (the NVR under system config\network config\HIK-Connect) OFF (it was on and saying online), then back ON. NVR said it required a reboot and rebooted, and hey presto I could then add the device using the hik-connect web portal and then the NVR appeared in the phone app! Reboots alone didn't work and I am suspect my issue also needed me to remove the device as I had tried turning off / re-enabling hik-connect when I first had the problem.

Thank you all for your help and advice on this.
Morning guys - so last night, before giving up for the evening, I just tried to toggle the hik-connect setting on the NVR (the NVR under system config\network config\HIK-Connect) OFF (it was on and saying online), then back ON. NVR said it required a reboot and rebooted, and hey presto I could then add the device using the hik-connect web portal and then the NVR appeared in the phone app! Reboots alone didn't work and I am suspect my issue also needed me to remove the device as I had tried turning off / re-enabling hik-connect when I first had the problem.

Thank you all for your help and advice on this.

Upvote 0
Solution
Back