01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Portal Goes Offline after 3 hours?

mnheron

I have returned to ask anyone who has had this issue with their HVR ever, and managed to get the problem sorted.

The HVR in question is an ''ids-7216-HUHI-M2'' The latest model as I am aware.

After setting up with all the required information, and setting the recorder to a static IP address with the latest firmware, preferred DNS to the providers, [This being BT] I find the Hikvision Portal goes offline after about 3hrs. The only way to solve the problem is to reboot the recorder, then all works again.

I have tried other DNS settings, ie 8.8.8.8 - 8.8.4.4 - 1.1.1.1, but now as mentioned set to the providers.

I have DDNS also setup, and that works up until the portal goes offline, then then no access there either.

I have never had this issue before, and just cannot understand why this keeps happening.

Any help would be really appreciated, as I am now running out of ideas.

Thanks in advance.

I have returned to ask anyone who has had this issue with their HVR ever, and managed to get the problem sorted.

The HVR in question is an ''ids-7216-HUHI-M2'' The latest model as I am aware.

After setting up with all the required information, and setting the recorder to a static IP address with the latest firmware, preferred DNS to the providers, [This being BT] I find the Hikvision Portal goes offline after about 3hrs. The only way to solve the problem is to reboot the recorder, then all works again.

I have tried other DNS settings, ie 8.8.8.8 - 8.8.4.4 - 1.1.1.1, but now as mentioned set to the providers.

I have DDNS also setup, and that works up until the portal goes offline, then then no access there either.

I have never had this issue before, and just cannot understand why this keeps happening.

Any help would be really appreciated, as I am now running out of ideas.

Thanks in advance

I have an update on this issue which is a little interesting!

After changing this and changing that to no avail, a process of elimination was the next stage.

I found the following after this: Set-up HVR as normal after factory reset, and firmware update, DDNS set-up, Platform access set-up, Preferred DNS set-up as BT's 192.168.1.254 own. Installed Hik Connect onto Iphone and Ipad by scanning code, both loaded fine. Everything working fine, until yet again 3hrs later access shut down by DDNS and Hikvision platform. Remote access gone as before.

I then disabled the Hikvision platform access at the HVR, and yet again all worked fine for the, but obviously no app access via iphone or ipad. 3hrs later yet again DDNS access gone. Next process enable Hikvision Platform access, and disable DDNS. All working fine, BUT this time the system does not shut down and is still running 48hrs later. The really interesting part here, DDNS disabled at the HVR end, but I can STILL access as you would with a PC using web domain created by DDNS provider! Checked the iphone, and that says DDNS to be setup, but Ipad says DDNS not set up!

This has taken sometime to get working as I am not near the recorder, but after contacting Hikvision direct they had no idea of the problem and certainly no idea what the issue was, and to be honest they were not really interested!!

Anyway, bottom line is, if your having this issue try the above it may work for you. Meanwhile I have a recorder that is not as it should be, so back to Hikvision stockist Monday for a little chat.

Anyone had this before?

Back