01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Series

RBW

I'm still baffled by the different types of network cameras that Hikvision supply and I guess that I will never fully understand as they seem to be constantly updating their products.

As I see it;

Series 2 - Value Series/Pro Series
Easy IP, WiFi

Series 3 - ?

Series 4 - ?

Series 5 - Ultra Series/Smart IP?

True Darkfighter cameras

Series 6 - Panoramic/DeepMind
360 degree & close-up

Series 7 - DeepInView
ANPR, People Counting

I'd love to fully understand this so if anyone has any input it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi @RBW

You are right that Hikvision does not make there range easy to understand and there are still lots of aspects of some of the ranges they offer that we are still not clear about, but the information you have above is pretty much all the core information you need to know but there are some things to be aware of:

Series 3 (3xx3/3xx5) - We have seen mention of this range but it is not currently stocked in the UK, we have looked closely at the specs of this range and we can't see any big differences and the only thing we can think is that these models have been built with different hardware & materials, but we have not been hands-on with these products to verify that.

It may also be the case that this series is region-specific as the models are not even listed on the UK website and the only place we could find them were on the EU website.

Series 4 (SmartIP 2.0) - Series 4 cameras are basically the earlier incarnation of the newer 5 series & 7 series ranges and as you will see when you search for most of the 4 series products on our webshop you will be redirected to our End-of-Life list as most of this range has been replaced by a 5 or 7 series equivalent.

You will also find some useful information about the different camera series and the ranges within those series in the following forum posts:

4 Series (SmartIP 2.0)
6 Series (6-Line - Fisheye/covert/etc...)
2 Series (EasyIP 1.0)
2 Series (EasyIP 2.0)
2 Series (EasyIP 2.0+)
2 Series (EasyIP 3.0)
2 Series (EasyIP 4.0 - AcuSense/ColorVu)

Comparing EasyIP 4.0 / EasyIP 3.0 / EasyIP 2.0+

This video below might also help with understanding the camera firmware families:

Reactions: RBW
Back