01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hilook System Queries - IP camera is 200m from my NVR?

7600e

Hi

I'm looking at purchasing a 4 poe nvr (hilook). The system will be in a central building with two underground pipes going to two seperate locations. The first one being around 70m away and the second being maybe closer to 200m away. Could I use cat5e (internal / external) solid core to reach this far a distance? All four of the cameras will be 1080p 2mp poe hilook 30mir turrets. I appriciate its a far distance so any thoughts or comments?

If I can get power to the camera locally will I still have issues with data transfer over these distances?

Cheers

The nominal maximum network leg length is 100m - whether you are using POE or not.
Some Hikvision NVRs have extender technology that will allow you to extend to greater distances.
With your HiLook NVR I think you will need an extender gadget to stretch to 200m.
Various options here, depending on whether you power the camera locally or not, and whether you need an outdoor variant of the extender:

Ah thank you for the information! I measured it today, 150m all in on the longer run and 75m on the other run. Each run will now have 3 cameras. Will look into extenders. Local power is available if it makes a difference

cheers

Back