01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How can I add EZVIZ cameras to a wired HIKVISION CCTV dome-camera network?

HarryPanaich

I have nine-camera wired CCTV network comprising five HIKVISION IP-cameras (6 MP/dome; DS-2CD216WFWD-I) and four EZWIZ Wi-Fi bullet cameras (two C3Ns and two C3WNs) linked over Cat-6 media to a Hikvision 16-channel NVR (DS-7P16NI-K1).

The NVR is connected to a 8-port Hikvision POE switch which is connected to a broadband router (ZTE ZXHN-F670L). The IP addressing is 192.168.1.xxx for all the network components with DHCP enabled for the NVR only. All the cameras have fixed IP addresses.

The five dome cameras and both C3N cameras are attached to the POE switch. The other two C3WN cameras are connected through the LAN ports on the router. All EZVIZ cams have independent 12v DC power supply.

While running IVMS-4200 (3.6.1.6 client) or the EZVIZ Studio on my Windows 10 PC as well as the EZVIZ Android app (V5.2.4.1218) I can view video from all nine cameras, including audio feed from the four EZWIZ cams.

All nine cameras are accessible on my EZWIZ app.

While one of the two C3Ns is connected and accessible to the NVR, I am unable to add the three remaining EZWIZ cameras (one C3N and the two C3WNs) to the NVR. In turn, I can only view the six online cameras connected to the NVR - locally on the monitor or through the Hik-Connect app on my phone.

I have tried every trick in the book including factory reset of the NVR as well as the three offline EZVIZ cameras to add them to the NVR but without success. All EZVIZ cameras were initially configured to access the household WiFi for app-access though they are now installed out of WiFi reach from the WiFi router. I can, however, access the four EZVIZ cams on my EZVIZ app over the internet.

On clicking the yellow triangle against the three offline EZVIZ cameras under NVR 'Camera Configuration' I get a message 'unreachable network' or 'incorrect username and password'.

Where am I going wrong? Please help and advise.

does the router assign the fixed ip addresses?
why does the NVR not have a fixed IP address?
No, I used SADP tool to assign fixed IP addresses to the cameras. The NVR is on DHCP as per all the websites and HikVision video configuration instructions for such installation.

Hi Harry,
I prefer to use DHCP on all my cctv kit and let the router dhcp server assign the fixed ip address.

how are you adding those cameras to the nvr? Screenshots would help.

You should have no problem with adding those cameras and also this problem can occur with Hik cameras. All you need to to is enter the user/password details again yes thats right twice or even 3 times! Welcome to Hikvision software bugs!

Back