01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry How can I add more fobs for opening my front gate?

blakesnake

Hi all, this is probably a very dumb question but I know nothing about these topics. In my new flat, I have a Hikvision device at the front gate, which opens the gate with a fob.

My flat only came with one fob, and I would like to get a few extra. I have contacted Hikvision customer service but they have not been able to help. I took the fob to a locksmith but they said they were unable to copy it due to copy protection.

What should I do?

Hi @blakesnake

You will likely need to speak to the building owner/manager who has control of that Hikvision intercom/access control device as they will need to register any new fobs in the device's settings.

They might have extras you can have/buy or might be able to point you to where you can buy additional ones.

Upvote 0
Thanks Dan. It is actually a standalone flat - so I guess the building manager is myself? But I wasn't given any documentation on the device when I purchased the property. There is also no information on who installed the device or anything like that, unfortunately.

Upvote 0
Okay,

Unfortunately, if you can't get any information on who installed it or what password they set it up with there isn't going to be much you can do with it and you won't be able to add any extra tags.

If you took the device off the wall there might be a way to hard reset it and then set it up again with your own password, but this could lead to more problems and issues using the gate.

Your best solution would probably be to get a Hikvision installer to come out and take a look at it and either reset it/get it working for you or replace it with something different.

Upvote 0
Back