01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How to connect a Klaxon Master Blaster to a Hikvision NVR and set up as an alarm that can be triggered manually from the APP

Tom9694

Hi Guys,

I've just bought a Klaxon Master Blaster and have wired this to a 3 pin plug as it requires 240v power. I'm just wondering which inputs on the NVR do I put the 12v relay into? There is a white wire and a white with a black stripe (which I think is the -). Also how do I set this up, so I can trigger the siren from the Hik App?

Thanks!

I've just bought a Klaxon Master Blaster and have wired this to a 3 pin plug as it requires 240v power. I'm just wondering which inputs on the NVR do I put the 12v relay into?
I really feel for your neighbours!

The NVR will not supply a 12V trigger, it only has an alarm output which goes from open to close in alarm. You will need a small 12V power supply (any redundant 12V DC plug in adaptor will work) and a 12V mini relay. You can then use the alarm output to energise the coil of the relay and send 12V to the master blaster trigger.
  • +12V to one side of the relay coil and loop to common on the relay
  • normally open of the relay to white of the master blaster
  • 0v to one of the alarm output pair on the NVR and the striped wire of the blaster
  • the other of the NVR output pair on the NVR to the other side of the relay coil
That should work. The NVR alarm output when closed will cause the relay coil to energise and the relay will switch +12V to the blaster and trigger it. I'd suggest you try it first with a 12V buzzer rather than the master blaster trigger.

There is a white wire and a white with a black stripe (which I think is the -). Also how do I set this up, so I can trigger the siren from the Hik App?
In the Hik-Connect app there's an icon that can be used to manually trigger alarm output 1 on the NVR.

Last edited:
Back