01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How to connect a Klaxon Master Blaster?

swinge6

Hi All, i have recently had Hikvision installed, more specifically 2 static cameras (DS-2CD2387G2-LU 2.8mm C) and one PTZ/Tandem camera. I am now wanting to connect a Klaxon Master Blaster as the alarm on the cameras are to quiet. I have the Klaxon on a 3 pin plug and have a cat 5 cable connected to the static camera's alarm out connector and wired into the Klaxon but this doesn't seem to be working. The klaxon has a relay built into it so i'm a bit stumped as to how to get it to operate. Do i need to change settings on the NVR? To be clear, all i want to do is go onto my Hikvision App select the camera and press the Alarm Siren button to manually set the Klaxon off instead of the build in siren in the camera.
Any help would be appreciated.
many thanks

Hi @swinge6

Have you tried the below setting in the camera settings:

1. Go to Configuration → Event → Basic Event → Alarm Output
2. Set alarm output parameters.​
Automatic Alarm
Manual Alarm
3. Click Save.​
Manual Alarm
You can trigger an alarm output manually.​
Steps
1. Set the manual alarm parameters.​
Alarm Output No.
Select the alarm output No. according to the alarm interface connected to the external alarm device.​
Alarm Name
Edit a name for the alarm output.​
Delay
Select Manual.​
2. Click Manual Alarm to enable manual alarm output.​
3. Optional: Click Clear Alarm to disable manual alarm output.​

This might do the trick, but I think we may have discussed this with Hikvision & other users before and found that there was no way to trigger the alarm output of the camera from the app.

Upvote 0
Hi @swinge6

Have you tried the below setting in the camera settings:

1. Go to Configuration → Event → Basic Event → Alarm Output
2. Set alarm output parameters.​
Automatic Alarm
Manual Alarm
3. Click Save.​
Manual Alarm
You can trigger an alarm output manually.​
Steps
1. Set the manual alarm parameters.​
Alarm Output No.
Select the alarm output No. according to the alarm interface connected to the external alarm device.​
Alarm Name
Edit a name for the alarm output.​
Delay
Select Manual.​
2. Click Manual Alarm to enable manual alarm output.​
3. Optional: Click Clear Alarm to disable manual alarm output.​

This might do the trick, but I think we may have discussed this with Hikvision & other users before and found that there was no way to trigger the alarm output of the camera from the app.
Thanks Dan,
Unfortunately that doesn't seem to have changed anything. If i select the alarm siren on the app the camera siren still goes off. I do find it very strange that Hikvision haven't got this all worked out. I have flood lights as well and wanted then to be triggered manually but ended up having to put a smart switch on and a different app. You would think with all the Hikvision tech you could have a simply function to connect a separate siren to be turned on and off manually as well as being able to do that with flood lights.

Upvote 0
Back