01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How to enable face capture on my Hikvision cameras?

rajiv.dey.se

Hi all,

Current Setup:
- Cameras:
- Hikvision DS-2CD3T56G2-ISU/SL (Lens: 2.8 mm) - 2 pieces
- Hikvision DS-2CD3356G2-ISU/SL (Lens: 2.8 mm) - 4 pieces
- NVR:
- Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2/8P - 1 piece with an 8TB disk

The cameras do have the face capture feature I have double checked the manual.
And in this forum I have read that by default camera is set to smart event.
How can I change to face capture?

I am not in local network but have access to nvr through ivms4200 and web interface as well.

Please see screen shot in attachment

Attachments

• nvr.JPG
    nvr.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 32
Hi @rajiv.dey.se

To use Face Capture, you need to log in to each camera and switch them from Smart Event to Face Capture (see the below screenshot from the camera settings).

Screenshot 2024-09-05 at 09.46.26.png

To log in to directly connected cameras you will need to enable Virtual Host in the NVR which creates virtual links to login to each camera.

Hi
Hi @rajiv.dey.se

To use Face Capture, you need to log in to each camera and switch them from Smart Event to Face Capture (see the below screenshot from the camera settings).

View attachment 11593

To log in to directly connected cameras you will need to enable Virtual Host in the NVR which creates virtual links to login to each camera.
Hi @Dan Thank you very much for your response. I have few more queries. Since I am not near the NVR and access the NVR through internet so bit cautious and asking a follow up questions. If I enable virtual host is there any chance that the config in nvr and camera may conflict more specifically ip config. Asking this because we dont have anyone at the location to fix issues by any chance if we loose internet access to NVR. Since virtual host is disabled by default what could be the reason for it. Will plug n play feature be disturbed if virtual host is enabled. Any other thing I need to be aware if I enable virtual host.

Also can you advise if smart event and face capture are mutually exclusive. Asking this because this because I read some where that both cant be enabled at the same time is that correct ?

Thanks

Hi @rajiv.dey.se

Enabling Virtual Host will not have any impact on the camera config, Virtual Host is only there to give you access to the cameras for firmware updates and to access some camera-specific settings that aren't accessible from the NVR settings.

Virtual Host is disabled by default because if you access the NVR with a direct monitor or your cameras are not directly connected to the NVR PoE ports, this feature does not need to be enabled.

Enabling Face Capture will disable Smart Events, that's why there are separate options in the above screenshot. If you click the slider to enable Face Capture it will untick/disable Smart Event.

Back