01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How to export NVR parameters?

fullboogie

Expert
Trusted Member
I've done this before, but it's been a while. Can't seem to get it to work, as I get an error message when trying to save the export file to my desktop. Is the "encryption password" the one we use to log onto the NVR, or the other one we use to get into the cams? Is there some kind of restriction on the file name? I've tried a bunch of combinations of them both, but I keep getting the error "exporting configuration file failed."

Any advice?

Edit - same problem with camera config file. Same error message. Tried saving both to either the desktop or a specific folder on the desktop. Error message.

All of this is from a laptop, not directly off the NVR - which I think has worked in the past. It's an I-series NVR. Does this only work on a thumb drive directly on the NVR?

Last edited:
I've done this before, but it's been a while. Can't seem to get it to work, as I get an error message when trying to save the export file to my desktop. Is the "encryption password" the one we use to log onto the NVR, or the other one we use to get into the cams? Is there some kind of restriction on the file name? I've tried a bunch of combinations of them both, but I keep getting the error "exporting configuration file failed."

Any advice?

Edit - same problem with camera config file. Same error message. Tried saving both to either the desktop or a specific folder on the desktop. Error message.

All of this is from a laptop, not directly off the NVR - which I think has worked in the past. It's an I-series NVR. Does this only work on a thumb drive directly on the NVR?
I've just tried on the M series and it's working on that. The M is on version 5 firmware and looks different but it does ask for 'device password' to be entered and confirmed, not 'encryption password'. I'd expect that it's the admin password that you need.

I'm using Safari browser to do it on mine. I have seen the 'exporting configuration file failed' message before on other NVRs. Safari pops up a security dialogue 'do you want to allow downloads from [NVR IP Address]'. So it could be a security setting on your browser preventing the download instead of asking. I'd try a different browser and see if you get a different result.

Reactions: Dan
NB - you may need to run the browser as an administrator to be able to save files.

When I click the export button, this is what comes up:

config.jpg

And this is the error message I get:

error info.jpg

I've checked and by "encryption password" it just means your normal NVR password (which you use to log in) - that worked for me and it saved the file to my normal downloads folder (as per my Edge download settings).

Maybe try whilst running Edge in Internet Explorer mode?

Or iVMS-4200? You can access the Upgrade & Maintenance page once you've added the NVR in the Maintenance & Management page of iVMS-4200 by clicking the cog in the Operation column, and then Basic Settings.

Make sure the browsers are up to date too, and that you're logging in to the NVR with the 'admin' account.

I've checked and by "encryption password" it just means your normal NVR password (which you use to log in) - that worked for me and it saved the file to my normal downloads folder (as per my Edge download settings).

Maybe try whilst running Edge in Internet Explorer mode?

Or iVMS-4200? You can access the Upgrade & Maintenance page once you've added the NVR in the Maintenance & Management page of iVMS-4200 by clicking the cog in the Operation column, and then Basic Settings.

Make sure the browsers are up to date too, and that you're logging in to the NVR with the 'admin' account.

Thanks Kyle. I am using my admin NVR password, and have also tried running in Edge in Explorer mode. Nothing seems to work. I even disabled all extensions in Edge and Chrome.

OK, update for posterity's sake. I had success with the Brave browser run as admin, no extensions.

There is definitely something about Chrome and Edge, even in Explorer mode, that will not allow me to export the file. I ran them both in admin mode, disabled all extensions, and marked the URL as "safe" in both browsers. Even in Brave, I got a popup that the download was "unsafe" and it prompted me to acknowledge that I wanted to proceed. Strange, but JB called it - browser security issue.

Here's the weird part. In Edge, this is what's allowed to be exported:

export1.jpg

And here's what's allowed to be exported in Brave:

export2.jpg

Any idea why Brave would not show the Cameras and IOT export buttons?

Last edited:
It's weird that you're not seeing those options in Brave, but we've seen menus/buttons missing before in different browsers...

You could try reinstalling the plugin, or give Firefox a go?

These are the settings to have a play with in Edge too, which may be blocking the download...

msedge_NTaMlExd6m.png

Back