01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Cannot add a new fourth camera to my DS-7608NI-E2/A NVR?

ARaS

I have a new IP Camera DS-2CD2046G2-I (4MP) on NVR DS-7608NI-E2/A.
This camera is the fourth, I have one DS-2CD2086G2 (8MP) and two Dome Cameras.
The problem is, that the new camera does not connect correctly to the NVR.
The camera gets an IP address and also the credentials from the NVR, but it shows no picture (message No Link) and shows also the error message "Offline parameter error“.

I had tried to remove cameras and add them again, same error.
The old cameras are still working, the new one not.
I can also connect to EVERY camera directly by browser and also have a Live View.
I also had tried to change the resolution in the cameras and had changed the security settings from digest to digest/basic.

Does anyone have an idea what the error could be and how I can solve it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @ARaS

It's possible that there's a fault with the camera - we've seen a similar case before for a camera that we replaced because it would not show a picture on the NVR (despite picking up an IP from it), even though it could be connected to in a web browser.

Have you had any other cameras working before on that same NVR port?

If you connect the camera to a POE switch and scan for it in SADP, what does SADP show for the camera's status and IP credentials?

Do both the 2046G2 and 2086G2 have a "(C)" at the end of their model numbers?

Also, which firmware version is installed on the new camera and also the working 2086G2?

I would try again after hard-resetting the new camera, but with all of the other cameras disconnected, to rule out any bandwidth issues.

I actually recommend reading through this thread before anything, as it contains lots of potential fixed for another user with a similar issue:

Hi @ARaS

It's possible that there's a fault with the camera - we've seen a similar case before for a camera that we replaced because it would not show a picture on the NVR (despite picking up an IP from it), even though it could be connected to in a web browser.

Have you had any other cameras working before on that same NVR port?

If you connect the camera to a POE switch and scan for it in SADP, what does SADP show for the camera's status and IP credentials?

Do both the 2046G2 and 2086G2 have a "(C)" at the end of their model numbers?

Also, which firmware version is installed on the new camera and also the working 2086G2?

I would try again after hard-resetting the new camera, but with all of the other cameras disconnected, to rule out any bandwidth issues.

It seems, that the camera is ok.

My other cameras (three) are working fine.

I use an 4 Port PoE switch and I had tested other ports with all the cameras, just working.

The (network)status of all cameras (old and new ones) are also fine.

The model number of the new camera is DS-2CD2046G2-I the old one has the model number DS-2CD2086G2-I. No "(C)" inside.

The firmware version of the 2046 (new one) is V5.7.13 build 230706, the firmware of the 2086 (old one) is V5.7.2 build 211109.

I had tried to hard reset the new camera and plugged off all the other ones. No other result than before. The new camera does not shown in the NVR correctly, just with error messages.

Back