01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

I have a problem with connecting two IP cameras (DS-2CD2T46G2-4I) to more than three DVRs?

neca

I have a problem with connecting two IP cameras (DS-2CD2T46G2-4I) to more than three DVRs (iDS-7216HQHI-M1/S + 4 x DS-7108HQHI-K1 ; I need five). The error I'm receiving is:
"Failed to get stream start reconnection. No more user can be connected.(Error code: HCNetSDK.dll[5].)"

Is there any solution to solve this problem with the existing equipment?
Is this limitation mentioned somewhere in the manual?

I have a problem with connecting two IP cameras (DS-2CD2T46G2-4I) to more than three DVRs (iDS-7216HQHI-M1/S + 4 x DS-7108HQHI-K1 ; I need five). The error I'm receiving is:
"Failed to get stream start reconnection. No more user can be connected.(Error code: HCNetSDK.dll[5].)"

Is there any solution to solve this problem with the existing equipment?
Is this limitation mentioned somewhere in the manual?
The data sheet shows a maximum of 6 simultaneous connections for the camera. Each DVR recording the main stream will use one connection. However, as your IP camera is on the local network (rather than connected to the PoE port of an NVR), any connection to the main stream by app (iVMS-4500, iVMS-4200, Hik-Connect, login via web browser) will also count toward that limit of 6 connections.

If you login to the camera and go to:

Configuration > System > User Management > Online Users

It will show the current connections.

Back