01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

I need help getting a wireless CCTV system

WolfKnight179

I sincerely apologise if I have posted this in the wrong place, I am just starting to pull my hair out!

A couple of years ago I bought a wireless IP all in one CCTV kit from Amazon, and it did the job well for a while. Then Adobe Flash Player was discontinued, and support removed from our web browsers, which was a pain as that is what we used to live view the cameras. Not only that, but over the past couple weeks, a dark orange spot appeared on our CCTV’s LED screen and has been slowly increasing in size.

For the past six to eight months, I have been searching high and low for a wireless CCTV kit that allows for remote viewing on the latest versions of modern web browsers (e.g., Firefox and Chrome). For us, these two points are a requirement for a CCTV system, making it hard to find a kit.

There are a lot of wireless systems available on Amazon, but pretty much all of them only work on Internet Explorer with a plugin, which is a no go for us. I have contacted multiple security companies in my local area, and they have all said that they cannot help. I have tried contacting bigger security companies, only to have communication come to a halt when they say, “Are you a Hikvision reseller or Hikvision installer?”

I am just really looking to see if anyone knows of a CCTV kit or an NVR and cameras that are wireless (but use mains), that allows remote viewing on modern web browsers. At this point, I have just about given up.

Thank you for reading, and for your time.

Back