01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IP speaker not showing on SADP?

x3boffi

Currently, this is my setup:
  1. I have a router that connects to my laptop via ethernet cable.
  2. The HIKVISION camera connected to router via ethernet cable.
  3. A POE splitter where I have connected the input port to the router via an ethernet cable and connected the output port of the POE splitter to the IP speaker via another ethernet cable.

I have already configured the subnet of the ethernet to be the same as all the other devices. However, when I utilise SADP, I am only able to see the HIKVISION camera.... But, when I attempted to use the IP speaker finder tool, it does reflect my IP speaker as online. I have also set the audio server IP to be in the same subnet of everything via the IP speaker web client, however, the overview will show that the server status is "disconnected".

Please guide me on solving this :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean a splitter at point 3?
Is the speaker actually powering-up, because your router will not (typically) provide POE power to a splitter/device.

Do you mean a splitter at point 3?

Is the speaker actually powering-up, because your router will not (typically) provide POE power to a splitter/device.

The splitter has power supply as the POE splitter also comes with a power plug. I am able to ping the speaker and the speaker does ring and produce sound whenever I change the configurations on the IP speaker finder tool or the web client interface. However, the issue is, I am unsure if the IP speaker is even activated since SADP does not show the IP speaker. Furthermore, under the web client, the IP server status says "disconnected".

Attachments

• 1705665077240.png
    1705665077240.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 49
What make & model is the IP speaker please?

What make & model is the IP speaker please?
Sorry, I want to specify that the "IP speaker finder" tool that i meant is actually "NAManager.exe". So only NAManager.exe list my IP speaker, however SADP does not. Therefore, I am unsure if I have even activated my speaker as the server IP status shows "disconnected" in the web client. Please guide me on this thank you!

Does this video help?

Nope, it does not. I found out that the company has bought HILOOK NVR, perhaps could it be possible that it was because I haven't configured/activated my speaker in the HIKVISION NVR which was why my server status shows "disconnected?

Hi Guys,
While the POE splitter comes with its own power supply, the challenge arises in activating the IP speaker. Although successful pinging and audible output confirm operational aspects, uncertainty lingers as SADP fails to display the IP speaker. Additionally, the web client indicates a 'disconnected' status under IP server status. Troubleshooting these issues is currently underway for a seamless resolution.

Hi Guys,
While the POE splitter comes with its own power supply, the challenge arises in activating the IP speaker. Although successful pinging and audible output confirm operational aspects, uncertainty lingers as SADP fails to display the IP speaker. Additionally, the web client indicates a 'disconnected' status under IP server status. Troubleshooting these issues is currently underway for a seamless resolution.

Hmmm - is Sebastian58 an AI robot?
Four Posts to date that add little.
Sometimes responding a month or year after the previous Post.
GeoIP located to West Bengal.
Hmm "uncertainty lingers" indeed!

Back