01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IP Subnet change for a camera previously connected to my NVR?

ih007

Hi all, i'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Short story is i'm going to be swapping my cameras over from a HIK NVR onto a PC running blue iris. As a trial i have unplugged one cam and plugged it into a POE switch. I then fall at the first hurdle because i can't access it in the browser. The IP address in the router interface is showing as the same as the one in the Hik NVR interface (which is still up and running as if possible i want to swap one cam over first so i know it all works ok). Some screen grabs are below.

I am guessing this is a subnet problem and the camera still thinks it should be attached to the NVR so somehow the router is giving it the same IP, and the PC is on 198.168.1.x so cant access it? The NVR 'join' addresses are all 192.168.1.x and they all work ok for the remaining connected cameras. If i'm right is there a way to solve without getting to the camera to reset it which unfortunately is about 7m up?!

HIK IP.png

UNIFI IP.png

Hi all, i'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Short story is i'm going to be swapping my cameras over from a HIK NVR onto a PC running blue iris. As a trial i have unplugged one cam and plugged it into a POE switch. I then fall at the first hurdle because i can't access it in the browser. The IP address in the router interface is showing as the same as the one in the Hik NVR interface (which is still up and running as if possible i want to swap one cam over first so i know it all works ok). Some screen grabs are below.

I am guessing this is a subnet problem and the camera still thinks it should be attached to the NVR so somehow the router is giving it the same IP, and the PC is on 198.168.1.x so cant access it? The NVR 'join' addresses are all 192.168.1.x and they all work ok for the remaining connected cameras. If i'm right is there a way to solve without getting to the camera to reset it which unfortunately is about 7m up?!

View attachment 8342

View attachment 8343
download the windows sadp tool install and run it. You should see the problem camera, then enable DHCP (admin password needed) on the camera and reboot it. after reboot you should get an IP address from your router, 192.168.1.nnn.

David

Thank you David - i am part way there. I can see the camera in the SADP tool, but get a time out when i try to put the password in. I think maybe the password is wrong - In the past i have logged into the cameras direct when they are plugged into the NVR using the NVR web server password (I was told they adopt the same user and password details), but when i try this direct with camera on a POE switch i get the time out. Can I put it back onto the NVR, log in that way and change the password, and then put it back onto the POE switch and enable DCHP using the new password? Thought i'd better ask before i start changing passwords etc!

OK quick update - i think i might have solved it. I logged into the DVR and the camera on the POE switch was recognised under 'other devices'. I was then able to edit it there and give it an IP address on the right subnet. That then let me log into the camera direct via the PC browser (using the NVR password still), and then I could enable DHCP in the cameras interface. Rebooted it and it has a correct subnet IP assigned by the router (different to the initial one i gave it via the NVR). Fingers crossed we are all good.

Strange that the password didn't work in SADP tool, but so it goes I guess.

OK quick update - i think i might have solved it. I logged into the DVR and the camera on the POE switch was recognised under 'other devices'. I was then able to edit it there and give it an IP address on the right subnet. That then let me log into the camera direct via the PC browser (using the NVR password still), and then I could enable DHCP in the cameras interface. Rebooted it and it has a correct subnet IP assigned by the router (different to the initial one i gave it via the NVR). Fingers crossed we are all good.

Strange that the password didn't work in SADP tool, but so it goes I guess.
it is odd that sadp did not work, I hope all goes well with your migration to Blue Iris.

David

Back