01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Is the DS-2DE2C400SCG-E PTZ camera compatible with my HVR ids-7204HQHIK1/2S(B)?

shadboy

I'm trying to find out if a ptz camera is compatible with my hvr. The cameras is DS-2DE2C400SCG-E and my hvr is ids-7204HQHIK1/2S(B).

And also would the cable from the router plug into the poe switch and a cable from the poe swith to the hvr?

Thanks in advance

Hi @shadboy

It should be fine to connect that camera to your DVR, you can do this by connecting your PoE switch to the router, connecting the DVR & camera to the switch, and then adding the camera to the DVR over the local network using its assigned IP address.

One other thing to make you aware of, the camera you are looking at is actually a PT (pan/tilt) camera and not a PTZ (pan/tilt/zoom) camera which means it has a fixed focal length lens (either 2.8mm or 4mm) and does not support optical zoom like a proper PTZ camera.

Thanks for the reply. I already have 4 colourvue analogue just wanted a ptz. Glad you told me it diddnt have zoom lol. Is there any other colourvue ptz you would recommend?

Not used ip cameras before wasn't sure how to connect the poe switch.

Tia

Right I've seen another but not sure if it will be compatible DS-2DE3A400BW-DE(F1)(S5)

And just to confirm I need a cable from the router to the switch then a cable from switch to dvr then obviously camera able to the switch?

Thanks

Hi @shadboy

The camera will be compatible but same as the first camera you looked at this is only a PT model and has a fixed lens, no optical zoom.

It does support digital zoom but we don't recommend using/relying on digital zoom because the more you zoom digitally the worse the image quality gets as you are just blowing up the pixels that make up the image.

In regards to cabling you are correct, the PoE switch needs to be connected to your router and then the camera and DVR need to be plugged into separate ports on the PoE switch.

Back