01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS-4200 iVMS-4200 Woes

Aomega001

After waking yesterday and finding my IE11 defuncted I thought I had solved everything by installing iVMS4200, and after some tinkering managed to get everything up and running, or so I thought. Today I needed to download recordings from one camera and initially received a 1625 error, once googled I found I needed to stop live view. I stopped live view and tried to download the files again, this time I get a no files found error, despite the fact that I can watch them back on remote viewer through iVMS-4200. I am now totally miffed, why can I watch them but cannot download them, why is Hikvision software so buggy. WHY CAN@T I HAVE IE 11 BACK ARRRRRG.

Windows 10 or 11?
What version of iVMS-4200?
Is it something that you have done before?
e.g. are you confident that your process is correct?

Hi Phil, Thanks for getting back to me. I use Windows 10 64bit and the iVMS-4200 version is the latest available V3.9.0.5 build 20230117. I have never tried to download using iVMS-4200 before as I always had IE11, and one of my cams does not work on the IE11 compatibility mode in Edge, so I tried iVMS-4200. The method I have tried is as per the iVMS-4200 Client user manual chapters 6.13.1 and 6.13.2. I get errors using both.

Just as an after thought Phil, is there any other free software out there that can view and download from Hikvision cameras? I have heard about blue ireis but that is quite expensive.

I am not aware of any free alternatives, sorry :(

Good news, I have an update, I can now run IE11. I found a guide on the web and it works perfectly, no IE compatibility needed just full IE11 functionality without being redirected to Edge. Open windows explorer C: program Files(x86)/Microsoft/Edge/application/(Latest version number of Edge installed). Also ignore the space between the colon and the P in the Program, if I do not put a space the software the forum uses puts a pink smiley sticking it's tongue out. Then find the folder called BHO and rename it completely or as I did, right click rename and append .old to the end of the name, then if I ned to put it back I don't have to remember what I name it. That's it, IE11 sprang to life with all my favourites still there and I can view all of my cameras with no issues at all. I think it may be short lived once Microsoft get wind of it, there are a lot of people out there that still use IE11 for cameras and they are voicing their opinions on the Microsoft forums. I think the only thing that I may have to do is rename that folder every time MS update Edge, but that is far better than the rubbish iVMS-4200 software from Hikvision, or having to pay an eye watering amount for Blue Iris (no pun intended). Happy IE11 viewing. Any questions, drop me a PM or reply to this post. Perhaps @Phil can pin this as a guide so it gets to a wider audience?

Last edited:
Back