01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry KV6113 pings but is not reachable?

gabdia

Hi there, following the usual stuff of this doorbell periodically disconnecting now a quite strange behaviour.
SADP sees the device, but wifi connecting to it fails.
Moreover, connecting it by wire (Ethernet cable, same network) I can ping but no page will open.

Apparently I cannot revert to its original 192.0.0.65 address since power off seems not to help and factory reset not present on this model.

Greatly welcome any idea.
Thanks

yes, I changed it to 82. However, typing x.x.x.103:82 led me to succesfully access the page by wire. Wifi acces still not possible. Note that x.x.x.103 is visible in SADP. Then, thinking of a possible conflict I changed the IP to x.x.x.133 At this stage everything is a failure, neither x.x.x.103:82 nor x.x.x.133:82 being possible by wired connection. Strange enough SADP continues to see the old x.x.x103 address seemingly not being modified by x.x.x.133. It goes without saying that wifi connection is not possible, as usual.

SADP continues to see the old x.x.x103 address
SADP will also report the MAC address associated with x.x.x.103, does your kv6113 have the same MAC address? I would forget about wifi connectivity for now focus on the ethernet connection until you sort out the IP address. Does the kv6113 wifi interface have a different MAC address?

Why do you suspect a IP address conflict? If you are using fixed IP addresses are they outside the range of your routers DHCP server?

David

By chance I managed to get connected by Ethernet connection. It was not by entering simply the address but chose from the dropdown list presented while I was typing. sort of 'Configuration - x.x.x.103:82/index.asp?_1711841.........../netBasicConfig/tcp" Once in control I reverted as you suggested to HTTP Port 80. Doing all these I noticed extreme long times till the logon page showed up. Then I specified the Preferred DNs and alternate to 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1 At this point I managed to connect it wireless as well. Very strange observation: while mingling with it I noticed unusual appearance of nearby wifi networkd to chose from in Network/Basic/Wifi i.e. 3 SSIDs as TP-Link_xxxx, TP-Link_yyyy and TP-Link_zzzz. Now, they are all gone.

Back