01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Miscellaneous Hikvision Configuration Settings Questions....

Dav55

Hi

I've a couple of questions to help my setup, not sure if these are better placed as individual questions or combined (apologies for any etiquette mistakes)

Capture settings

The setting under : Storage : Schedule Settings :Capture

I don’t understand what these are used for, can you use it to email pictures on “Event”

The Help file suggests that it stores images on Net HDD / Memory card. This doesn’t seem the most useful, is there a more useful way to use this.

Event / Smart Event

I have the Smart Event (intrusion detection / Line crossing) working well and sending emails.

Is there a way to set the events to trigger emails to send only between set hours? (eg on a night when activity is more suspicious)

Is there a way to change the picture quality of the images sent? or ideally a short video ?

Live view – Via web Browser and IVMS

Sometimes Live video doesn’t appear and changing to sub stream and then back to main stream works and then it settles down.

Current settings for Live view are

Play performance : Balanced

Rules: Disabled (What is this?)

Camera names

The camera names don’t always seem to pull through to the NVR.

I have changed both the OSD name and also the name on System : System Settings : Basic but it isn’t updating the NVR

Illegal Logon

I managed to set this on one DVR, but cant find the settings (to email on illegal login)

Turret Cameras

Why is the “up” label next to the SD card which isn’t protected by the cowl? Surely this is a weakpoint for ingress and should be under the cowl ?
Is best practice to rotate the camera physically so the SD card is protected and then flip the image?

Many thanks in advance

I don’t understand what these are used for, can you use it to email pictures on “Event”
Not needed. In the NVR settings Network > Advanced > E Mail you can tick the "attached image" box and set the interval. When any event has the "send e mail" action associated with it, that will attach images to the e mail notification.

The Help file suggests that it stores images on Net HDD / Memory card. This doesn’t seem the most useful, is there a more useful way to use this
I've never bothered using it. Some people may like to store an event image on a remote drive, NAS or network folder. Capture can also be used continuously at a specific interval to send images elsewhere - useful for a Timelapse maybe.

Is there a way to set the events to trigger emails to send only between set hours? (eg on a night when activity is more suspicious)
You can set a schedule up for the event itself but not the e mail notification. If you want the events to trigger always but only get e mails at specific times you could maybe use two different events. Example set up motion detection with a 24/7 schedule and no e mail trigger in the actions, then set up line crossing or intrusion detection for the area with a night time only schedule with e mail trigger in the actions.

Is there a way to change the picture quality of the images sent? or ideally a short video ?
No.
Rules: Disabled (What is this?)
Enabling rules just allows you to see your line crossing line, intrusion setup etc overlaid on the live picture.

The camera names don’t always seem to pull through to the NVR.

I have changed both the OSD name and also the name on System : System Settings : Basic but it isn’t updating the NVR
Most setup should be done from the NVR if your cameras are connected to one. Camera names in the camera are only needed if the camera is connected in a stand alone manner to the network. Set the camera names in the NVR settings Camera > Display page

Illegal Logon

I managed to set this on one DVR, but cant find the settings (to email on illegal login)
NVR Settings > Events > Basic Events > Exception Tab. Select illegal login in the exception type drop down then tick e mail and apply

Turret Cameras

Why is the “up” label next to the SD card which isn’t protected by the cowl? Surely this is a weakpoint for ingress and should be under the cowl ?
Is best practice to rotate the camera physically so the SD card is protected and then flip the image?

It used to be under the cowl but the SD cover has been moved. It's IP65 so moisture ingress won't be a problem. I'd be more concerned about some twonk with a Torx driver maliciously removing the cover and pressing the reset button/removing the SD.

Using HikConnect and accessing the NVR using the HikConnect service works best for alarms. The push notifications will give you a snapshot image of the event, you get the video clip of the event you want and you can also set a schedule in the app for when the notifications are active or easily disable/enable them with a single click.

Back