01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

My ds-7616nxi-i2/s NVR sends me motion alert videos in notifications that are too long?

acifniazi

my nvr ds-7616nxi-i2/s send me motion alert video in notification 2 to 3 minute long.
i want only video with motion detection, not after and before.
please help

Last edited by a moderator:
Hikvision PTZ cameras
The settings you need are pre-record (the number of seconds saved before an event) and post-record (the number of seconds saved after an event) in Configuration>Storage>Schedule Settings>Advanced:

Pre-record and post-record settings screenshot - Web GUI.png

Also, make sure that you are using up-to-date firmware for your NVR, as there have been bugs in certain versions which have caused the above settings not to work as they should.

You can search for your NVR's latest firmware release here.

Ugh! V5 firmware. Anyway, I don't think there are any settings that you can change that alter the length of the clip in Hik-Connect. Mine are 15 seconds long which does match 5 seconds pre alarm plus 10 seconds post alarm; however I've seen several posts where people have complained the clips are too long. Just for giggles, try changing the 'max pre record time' to 5 seconds (perhaps the code doesn't like a 0 value)

can i downgrade to version 4 Gui from version 5?
I wouldn't. @Kyle posted that when he did, the NVR got blacklisted by Hikvision and they have to take it off the blacklist in order to get Hik-Connect working again. Even disregarding that, you'd need to set it up from scratch as a firmware downgrade often wipes the settings.

Just keep your eyes open for firmware updates. Version 5 has brought some bugs to users with M series NVRs but yours may not be affected in the same way, so I wouldn't be concerned.

If you do find anything not working as it should, do post the details on the forum, as the staff tend to let Hikvision support know when issues are reported in.

Thanks for jumping in @JB1970 - yes, I'd advise holding off downgrading from G5 until Hikvision fully reopen after the Chinese New Year holiday.
I'll add this to the list of suspected V5 bugs we're asking them to look at.
Out of interest, which cameras are you seeing these long events videos on please @acifniazi?

2cd2083g2 iu

some time one motion detection alarm received multiple time,4 to 5 tiime

Last edited:
Back