01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware New M-Series NVR Firmware - Same version but new build dates

JB1970

Guru
Trusted Member
I noticed that the dates on the portal directory for the M Series NVR had updated to December 8th but no new files are in the folder. However it seems to be that although the same firmware versions are in the directory, the build date for those versions is newer than previous.

The latest version is now 4.61.400_220817 which is a newer build than the one in the directory prior to December 8th (I can't recall the previous build date and didn't save the file). The release notes seem unchanged (apart from the build date), but my NVR did successfully update from the previous build date of 4.61.400 to the newer one.

It's not clear whether anything is different.

My 7732 M4 came with 4.61.400 build 220816. But I noticed that there was the version you mentioned. But my current version is not listed which is odd

The only issue i seem to have at the moment is that with my 8mp colorvu cameras, I am not getting screen shots sent to my Hikconnect. I just get a message saying loading pictures failed. The intercoms and a Dahua camera I have attached I receive everything as expected. In the past its been a firmware issue, but to have some working and some not, its a little odd. I am only getting the options for Net fault tolerance and Multi address. Nothing for load balance, unless it no longer comes with it.

The only issue i seem to have at the moment is that with my 8mp colorvu cameras, I am not getting screen shots sent to my Hikconnect. I just get a message saying loading pictures failed.
I've not seen any issue with mine in that regard. I have five 8 MP cameras, various models and the images come through fine with the push notifications.

I've not seen any issue with mine in that regard. I have five 8 MP cameras, various models and the images come through fine with the push notifications.
strange then, not sure what could be causing this issue. I have copied my settings like for like from my old NVR today but it seems its only these 8mp cameras with the issue I mentioned. I will have to dig a bit deeper

Actual video footage is fine. It seems to be the preview pictures within the Hikconnect app

Last edited:
I am just wondering, I think I read on another post that I am going through the exact same changes as yourself moving from the DS-7716NI-I2 to this DS-7732NI-M4. I never had any real issues with the old system, but like yourself I like tech and thought this upgrade would give me more headroom. Especially as it should run 8 x 8mp cameras at 25fps. But I am struggling a bit here getting consistent Preview pictures. Everything else seems ok with a few niggles, but I am sure it will work itself out in time.

Anyway, I was wondering if you could share the settings for the main and sub streams you are using for your Colorvu cameras at all. I have 4 of the DS-2CD2387G2-LU and I am just trying to get a better idea of what might be the problem here. I am using the Hikvision bitrate sheet as a guide. Thank you in advance

Anyway, I was wondering if you could share the settings for the main and sub streams you are using for your Colorvu cameras at all. I have 4 of the DS-2CD2387G2-LU and I am just trying to get a better idea of what might be the problem here. I am using the Hikvision bitrate sheet as a guide. Thank you in advance
Sure. When I switched across from the I series to the M series I deliberately hiked up the bit rates as I wanted to see whether the recorder could cope. For my 2387's they're as shown in the pics. 720P probably unnecessary for the sub stream but I use it, as I have that image on my tablet dashboards where I need a clearer image.

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 11.23.19.png
Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 11.24.41.png

Where specifically in the Hik-Connect app are you not seeing the previews? Is this when you click on a thumbnail image in a notification?

Last edited:
Thank you very much. I have not tried your settings just yet but will give it a try shortly. Currently mine are lower, than yours. But will give it a go. Footage is perfect, just hit and miss on the previews. And as you can see in one screen shot, sometimes they will work and others they dont. One particuar camera was doing that. I have fully reset the system to factory and started a fresh install. I know in the past experience I have seen some bugs which a factory reset has cured. So hopefully I have attached the screen shots correctly.
Screenshot_20230120_124457_Hik-Connect.jpg
Screenshot_20230120_124509_Hik-Connect.jpg

Thank you very much. I have not tried your settings just yet but will give it a try shortly. Currently mine are lower, than yours. But will give it a go. Footage is perfect, just hit and miss on the previews. And as you can see in one screen shot, sometimes they will work and others they dont. One particuar camera was doing that. I have fully reset the system to factory and started a fresh install. I know in the past experience I have seen some bugs which a factory reset has cured. So hopefully I have attached the screen shots correctly.
View attachment 8706
View attachment 8708
My gut feeling is that your issue is more related to your HikConnect connection in that the app is not pulling the preview from the HikConnect server.

I have a simular feeling. Although when I revert back to the old NVR with the same settings it does seem to work ok. I shall do a bit more digging. Thank you for that info. The actual live view and footage is excellent.

My gut feeling is that your issue is more related to your HikConnect connection in that the app is not pulling the preview from the HikConnect server.
So annoyingly the NVR decided to randomly start going into a boot loop today. Nothing was changed, so I can only assume that is why it was not behaving as expected. It could no longer be detected on the network and the outputs stopped working. So straight back for replacement unfortunately. Back to the old NVR and that runs perfect, makes me think the unit was faulty on arrival.

So annoyingly the NVR decided to randomly start going into a boot loop today. Nothing was changed, so I can only assume that is why it was not behaving as expected. It could no longer be detected on the network and the outputs stopped working. So straight back for replacement unfortunately. Back to the old NVR and that runs perfect, makes me think the unit was faulty on arrival.
That's disappointing. I've only seen two faulty Hikvision NVR's over the years (and a couple with PSU failure). I did have an old K Series that went into a boot loop like that, but that was after a firmware update. Hope you have better look with the replacement.

That's disappointing. I've only seen two faulty Hikvision NVR's over the years (and a couple with PSU failure). I did have an old K Series that went into a boot loop like that, but that was after a firmware update. Hope you have better look with the replacement.
I think this might be down to a faulty PSU. Typically I dont have a spare supply here at the moment so couldnt double check. But I noticed from the day it arrived it had a intermittant high pitch noise coming from it. It might be a coincidence of course. Just glad I didnt upgrade the power supply fan like I normally do.

So, I am not having much luck. The previous NVR did indeed have a power supply fault (leaking capacitor) and the unit was quickly exchanged.

Today recived my 2nd unit, which appeared to be working fine. I am now getting the correct notifications through etc.

Only issue is the buzzer dont work, typically the customer wants this feature so yet another return to do.

I checked the firmware that this came with and its v.4.61.400 build 220728 which is not even listed on the portal. So I dont know if thats just an oversight or something.

Back